NOTN Clothes Peg "Match"

Added to Calendar: 29/05/22

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Rearranged from last year due to my ill health. Organising (I hope) a day on Wellingborough's Snake Lake at Ringstead. Location is around 10 miles to the east of Wellingborough and just off the A45 at Raunds.

Sunday May 29. Peg fee £5. I will run optional pools on the day. You can treat it as a match or a day's pleasure fishing. Two keepnets minimum, silvers (inc. crucians) and carp. No actual limit specified but I would be disappointed if anyone put more than 50lb in one net. Carp go to around 10lb but most will be 3-4. Very mixed fishery as regards stocking. The right angler on the right peg on the right day may get 100lb but it is not a bagging water and at times can fish hard despite the stocking density. A three hour evening match will be won normally with 30-40lb and sometimes less, I target 20lb and would hope to frame with that but don't always get it.

13-14m wide and possibly 5ft max depth down the track, more like 4 1/2. Flat banks, excellent platforms and the 20 pegs I have booked have two entrances. One at peg 1, the other peg 12 so furthest walk is to peg 20 from the entrance at 12. This bank is a bit restricted in places for shipping back a long pole due to the close proximity of an otter fence. The more open bank (pegs 25-40) has an issue with encroaching lily pads so I prefer the more snag free water. For any less mobile anglers wanting to fish I think I can reserve one of the three accessible platforms where you can park immediately behind. Pegs 1 & 2 are short walks with parking probably no more than 10 yds from peg 1 and peg 2 a further 15 yards on. I resereve the right to place anglers on these pegs and random draw for the rest. Let me know if you need a short walk.

There is a McDonalds on the A45 at Raunds with a drive of roughly 2 miles to the fishery (across 1 roundabout and one left turn so simple to find).

Draw 8:30/45 and probably fish 10-3 or 3:30 really depending on what people want and how far they have to drive home. I always leave my gear in the car before drawing so I can drive round to peg 12 if I draw that end.

Have I forgotten anything?

1. Neil of the Nene

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Rearranged from last year due to my ill health. Organising (I hope) a day on Wellingborough's Snake Lake at Ringstead. Location is around 10 miles to the east of Wellingborough and just off the A45 at Raunds.

Sunday May 29. Peg fee £5. I will run optional pools on the day. You can treat it as a match or a day's pleasure fishing. Two keepnets minimum, silvers (inc. crucians) and carp. No actual limit specified but I would be disappointed if anyone put more than 50lb in one net. Carp go to around 10lb but most will be 3-4. Very mixed fishery as regards stocking. The right angler on the right peg on the right day may get 100lb but it is not a bagging water and at times can fish hard despite the stocking density. A three hour evening match will be won normally with 30-40lb and sometimes less, I target 20lb and would hope to frame with that but don't always get it.

13-14m wide and possibly 5ft max depth down the track, more like 4 1/2. Flat banks, excellent platforms and the 20 pegs I have booked have two entrances. One at peg 1, the other peg 12 so furthest walk is to peg 20 from the entrance at 12. This bank is a bit restricted in places for shipping back a long pole due to the close proximity of an otter fence. The more open bank (pegs 25-40) has an issue with encroaching lily pads so I prefer the more snag free water. For any less mobile anglers wanting to fish I think I can reserve one of the three accessible platforms where you can park immediately behind. Pegs 1 & 2 are short walks with parking probably no more than 10 yds from peg 1 and peg 2 a further 15 yards on. I resereve the right to place anglers on these pegs and random draw for the rest. Let me know if you need a short walk.

There is a McDonalds on the A45 at Raunds with a drive of roughly 2 miles to the fishery (across 1 roundabout and one left turn so simple to find).

Draw 8:30/45 and probably fish 10-3 or 3:30 really depending on what people want and how far they have to drive home. I always leave my gear in the car before drawing so I can drive round to peg 12 if I draw that end.

Have I forgotten anything?

1. Neil of the Nene
It's a shame we are on holiday that weekend otherwise I'd have loved to attend.

It's worth mentioning that the use of ground bait is prohibited and all hooks must be barbless to a maximum size 10.

Here is a short list of rules for the Fishery from 2019 I don't suppose it has changed much recently but it's a starting point.

Good luck to all those who fish, it really is a lovely little fishery.

1649777009716.png

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
It's a shame we are on holiday that weekend otherwise I'd have loved to attend.

It's worth mentioning that the use of ground bait is prohibited and all hooks must be barbless to a maximum size 10.

Here is a short list of rules for the Fishery from 2019 I don't suppose it has changed much recently but it's a starting point.

Good luck to all those who fish, it really is a lovely little fishery.

1649777009716.png
Thanks. I make no secret of the fact I love the place. I can get very protective of it as I don't want it spoilt.

You never know, I may change the date yet.

Pyffy

Site Supporter
Thanks. I make no secret of the fact I love the place. I can get very protective of it as I don't want it spoilt.

You never know, I may change the date yet.
If you do move it as long as it’s not the week after ‘ I’ll be in:sneaky:
I find the place to be as exhilarating as I do frustrating depending on if the fish are biting 😂 I would be as distraught as you should anything happen to spoil it as it’s a wonderful fishery.

dealornodeal

Site Supporter
Sorry Neil away that week if the date changes I would love to come
Have a great day everyone

Whisker

Here, there and everywhere.
Site Supporter
I can’t make this Neil but I would be interested if there is a date change. Will keep an eye on this.