Not what I planned but

AdamRussell93

So managed to swipe myself a few spare hours due to my daughters football match getting cancelled (tried so hard to look glad) so decided to get the gear together for a few hours till Spurs v Chelsea. Whilst I was getting my river Dearne kit together, my son Jacob decided we were going fishing to elm tree lakes in kilnhurst, where I have posted a thread previously. Fair enough son.

DBEB6F03-B2CE-4400-8976-7949AFE0BC0A.jpeg

Decided to fish a peg where I caught my first ever carp, peg 3 also known as Tommy’s peg.
His 6ft dwarf rod, pole float fished on the deck in the near margins to the right of the peg. Only bait we took was 2 tins of sweetcorn because that’s all I really ever use there on the float. Not long till Jacob had his first bite. A small f1.

ABCDEEF7-D43F-4089-A0B3-F7AF9440D6F3.jpeg

Another quickly followed, till I decided I wanted a go. When I caught an f1 too.
Jacob took his rod back and the float slid away and he struck into something different….
A lovely tench. Which he’s now decided are his favourite fish 😂 hard to argue, they’re beautiful.

3806927C-E8CE-4151-8516-8E7AB5DFBBD5.jpeg

But he wasn’t finished. Whilst I was packing up he had a bite, and the drag screamed off, the rod was bent double. It’s only a 1lb tc but this was slower than any of the other fish. He handled it brilliantly on his own. I saw it roll and saw it was a sizeable mirror carp. Jacob had never caught a mirror, and I told him it was a mirror and his voice trembled. But he remained composed and we landed it. Weighed in at 8lb3oz. A pb. And a smile that will last ages on his face!

5A514A4D-90DF-4FFF-B859-AE9F0490C1C2.jpeg

Attachments

• 7E8BB2C9-4A6B-42B1-B305-710D16473120.jpeg
    7E8BB2C9-4A6B-42B1-B305-710D16473120.jpeg
    509.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I don’t think a day goes by when he asks when he can go again, I’m more than happy to take him so long as he’s enjoying it and I’ve got a future fishing buddy!
I’ll swap ya for a 26 year old daughter. Who I hardly see as she is so career driven. 🙄🤣🤣. Enjoy the times pal. I hope they go on forever for you. 👍

AdamRussell93

I’ll swap ya for a 26 year old daughter. Who I hardly see as she is so career driven. 🙄🤣🤣. Enjoy the times pal. I hope they go on forever for you. 👍
I’ve got an 11 year old daughter who I spend numerous hours a week as I drive all over due to her football training Wednesday and Thursdays aswell as games Saturday and Sunday’s so it’s only fair I give him the time too

WickerDave

Site Supporter
Not sure what’s happened to the pictures, I tried adding them into the correct areas but 🤷🏻‍♂️
One for @Dave to sort out I think. I had this problem yesterday on my Severn barbel post, if you write the text and then try to drag/drop the pictures in where you want them they all get added to the top of the post in reverse order. I ended up having to drag/drop them all in reverse order and then cut/paste the already entered text between the pictures, a right pain!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’ve got an 11 year old daughter who I spend numerous hours a week as I drive all over due to her football training Wednesday and Thursdays aswell as games Saturday and Sunday’s so it’s only fair I give him the time too
Been there done that pal. Majorettes, ballet dancing, girl guides ……. and that was just me. 🤣🤣. My daughter came fishing with me a few times but, once she had eaten all ‘ our ‘ sandwiches and drunk all what we had to drink she wanted to come home. How one wafer thin child can eat a full malt loaf I’ll never know. 😳🤣🤣

AdamRussell93

One for @Dave to sort out I think. I had this problem yesterday on my Severn barbel post, if you write the text and then try to drag/drop the pictures in where you want them they all get added to the top of the post in reverse order. I ended up having to drag/drop them all in reverse order and then cut/paste the already entered text between the pictures, a right pain!
I spent ages at it till I gave it up as a bad job 😂

AdamRussell93

Been there done that pal. Majorettes, ballet dancing, girl guides ……. and that was just me. 🤣🤣. My daughter came fishing with me a few times but, once she had eaten all ‘ our ‘ sandwiches and drunk all what we had to drink she wanted to come home. How one wafer thin child can eat a full malt loaf I’ll never know. 😳🤣🤣
Both my kids are at football but my daughter seriously lives and breathes it. She’s dabbled with fishing but just hasn’t got the bug like Jacob has and I doubt she ever will but that’s fine, so long as they’re happy, I am!

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Both my kids are at football but my daughter seriously lives and breathes it. She’s dabbled with fishing but just hasn’t got the bug like Jacob has and I doubt she ever will but that’s fine, so long as they’re happy, I am!
That’s all you can hope for mate. Football will certainly keep her fit. 👍

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not sure what’s happened to the pictures, I tried adding them into the correct areas but 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've sorted them.

I did a software update yesterday early hours so not sure if the issue has anything to do with that.
Has anyone any idea when it started happening, or what steps I can take to reproduce it?

Brilliant photos and report - I bet he's so chuffed with himself :)

WickerDave

Site Supporter
I've sorted them.

I did a software update yesterday early hours so not sure if the issue has anything to do with that.
Has anyone any idea when it started happening, or what steps I can take to reproduce it?

Brilliant photos and report - I bet he's so chuffed with himself :)
Just write a few sentences/short paragraphs with blank space (new lines) between them. Then try to drag a different photo into each of the blank spaces. They all get added to the top of the post with the last dragged photo at the top.

It happened to me at about 9:00 yesterday morning, it was working earlier in the week.

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
What browser/device are you using as I've just tried it with Firefox and Chrome on desktop?