Not what I’d hoped for, but it’ll do 😄

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Had an afternoon fishing at the river Derwent at Sutton-on-Derwent in beautiful winter sunshine. The river was at normal winter levels and I planned to fish the slider and was hopeful of a few roach.

Alas, nothing on slider. Or maggot feeder. Only a couple of small roach and a dace on waggler close in! Happy to catch a few and the two other anglers who passed by on their way home hadn’t fared much better.

I’ll be back on the slider soon as it’s a method I want to become more familiar with. Here’s the best of my little roach and a pic of the scene as I packed away at 1615.

E000EF93-FFBC-4F50-9078-B2E983909494.jpeg

2241E4A7-0908-4B20-AB37-85DCBA87F90F.jpeg

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Just too cold for such species atm unless you find one of the urban hotspots so you’ve done well to not blank tbh 👍

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Thanks for that buddy. I'm always an optimist but that sometimes means I expect too much ;)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I don't know how it fishes now but the Leeds and District ASA stretch at Aldborough on the River Ure used to be a good slider venue with some good Chub to be had

Alantherose

Site Supporter
I don't know how it fishes now but the Leeds and District ASA stretch at Aldborough on the River Ure used to be a good slider venue with some good Chub to be had
Thanks Boss, if I had the Leeds book I would have a crack but there's too much unexplored on the York book to add more venues (Mrs R is in the vicinity, she may be on surveillance!!!)