Not sure how to help.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Near me, there is a water park with 2 lakes. I fish them regularly, but there are a few pegs for disabled anglers (I am able-bodied) that are totally unfishable. The platforms are in a shocking state because they slope to one side or the other, also overgrown or there are trees overhanging so much that casting a waggler or feeder is out of the question and just getting to the pegs is a job on it's own.
I have talked to the bailiff's about cutting them back, smartening up the platforms/pegs etc. and all I got was.."It's not our fault, blame the council cos they own it".
I have sent emails, written to them, phoned them and nothing has been done. So, I have to ask..can anyone suggest anything else I can do to help them?
I have approached Disabled centres etc. but to no avail.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Thanks, that link seems useful. Email sent. [:T]

ukzero1

Site Supporter
UPDATE
Had email back asking for photo's or better still, a video of the state of the platforms and possibly show a disabled angler trying to use them.
They seem to think that it could also be a Health and Safety issue but don't know until video (or photo) evidence is provided.

I have also been in touch with these people...

https://bdaa.co.uk/

They are also asking for photo/video evidence. Looks like I can finally get them some help. [:D]

Thanks again Stumbler. [:T][:T]

Last edited:

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Is it it law that everywhere now has to have disabled access.
Even shops need the space for wheelchairs.

Lol

Account Closed
Site Supporter
I think there is a caveat along the lines of "where it is reasonably possible of provision".
mate of mine had a shop up a steep ramp, just the way it was built. steps were in place but he couldn't put a ramp in ass it would cross the entrance doors to his storage cellar - hence he was exempt.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I forgot to update this. Since my last post on this thread, 4 platforms have been levelled out and access made easier. There is still room for improvement though, there are 4 or 5 pegs that quite frankly unusable to those who fish float or feeder because of overhanging branches. I tried, and couldn't even cast a 10' feeder rod. I have been told that this issue will be dealt with (yeah, right). Will wait and see what happens.