Not so Snobbish Trout Angler

Status
Not open for further replies.

flick

We are told to keep the Club House clean, please don't disqualify me.In New Zealand i have a very bad reputation amongst my fellow anglers, no doubt it is the reason why, whenever i want to go fishing all my mates decide that they have other engagements. My reputation to be blunt is called [SPLASH]yup whenever i go out i always seem to end up joining the fish's.realm.Recently i had a day out on the Ruakituri River in northern Hawkes Bay,It was warm and very pleasant
as i entered the river.I was at the tail of a pool in about a foot of fast moving water.My rig consisted of a Royal Wulf's dry with a hare and copper nymph as a dropper.After approx 10 minutes i took a smallish brown hen of around 3 pound, i took a couple of steps upstream when[Hello Charlie] SPLASH!recovering myself i waded ashore, stripped off and hung my wet clothes on a bush, Not to be robbed of a good day's fishing i then waded back into my possie and carried on fishing just in my underpants.Suddenly i heard all these wolf whistles, i looked up and there was this coach load of visitors all standing on the opposite bank amongst whom were many, ahem! young ladies, PANIC! I dived for the bank [ Hello Charlie] SPLASH, in i went again, scrambling to my feet all i could think of was my prized Penn's Gold Medal fly rod .I grabbed the butt and in an effort to retain some dignity i pretended to ignore the wolf whistles and the various immoral invitations and proceeded to reel in my line, it was only when i went to put the nymph in the butt ring that i froze with terror.I glanced down to see a pair of underpants wrapped neatly around my ankles. Now folks they reckon Dr Bannister was the first man to break the four minute mile, well Flick just broke the three minutes.The joys of fishing.

martin.

Account Locked
hi flick
good one are you a distant relation or friend of ziptrevs LOL
dave
youll have to instruct flick that we need pphotos to acompany these type of postings LOL

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football
ps .
shouldnt the title be
not so Knobish trout angler or Worm fishing for trout
martin.

Edited by - martin. on 05 August 2002 09:22:55 AM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter