Not long to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stewart Bloor

Not long to go. No, I'm not talking about the Argentina game!

I'm referring to the river season. For sure I've enjoyed this last three months in pursuit of bream and carp, but running water is my first love.

I'm going to be after barbel and chub this coming season, and my bait freezer is already filling up with boilies, pastes and other such home made concoctions!

But in the meantime I've got a 4 day session planned for down south in pursuit of some very big tench.

What are your plans for the coming season?

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
im just glad ill be able to use the swim feeder for the Chub!!!! icon_smile_big.gif Regards Gf

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
You're not asking me Stewart!!!
You are instrumental in my plans lol
Incidentally, if you have time, look at the infamous 'Bull' post on where you fished today.
Any suggestions over the Barbels demise?

Thanks,

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Stewart Bloor

Impossible to say regarding the barbel by looking at the photo. Probably an autospy would be the most effective way of discovering cause of death. (Not that I'm suggesting that's what you want to do, of course!)
One thing though with barbel is that they do need time to recover after a fight and often need to be 'nursed' in the current for a while before being released. Otherwise they can 'belly up' and float downstream.
Also, personally, I don't put barbel in a keep net. This can have a detrimental effect, particularly if the net is in shallow, hot water with no oxygen.
I would have said that neither of the two above possibles could have resulted in the death of the fish, as it's the close season, and no-one would be fishing for barbel. But who knows!
And anyway, fish can die of natural causes, like us humans!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Stewart,

My plans are to establish a new company selling extra days in a week. I was thinking of packaging them one day, two days, buy two get one free, lol

Do you think it will take off icon_smile_question.gificon_smile_big.gif

I've placed the first order already, lol

Regards, Dave

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Yes Stuart,
Thats the conclusion Daz and I came to, as there was no visible marks and the swims didn't look trodden enough for any recent fishing, for trout or illegal stuff (or an accidental barbel take on worm)

Sad sight non the less and I sent the photo to the club secretary in case he wished to pursue!

Sorry, I've hi-jacked your thread.
I shall be in Ireland until the 30th of June, miss the start of the open season, but July and the rest of the summer /autumn is devoted to a PB Barbel Min 8lbs, preferably 10!

Good Luck to all, especially the River fanatics!

Trev

Ziptrev pug.gif Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

Stewart Bloor

Dave, sounds good to me...But then again, what do I know as I only work one day a week...

Trev, I think that barbel has your name on it already...

Larry

Lazarus
I shall,be fishing stickfloats water on the river soar on the 16th& lot in the the coming season, i visited the stretch yesterday with a mate ,we would have never found it if wasn't for Scott meeting us what a wonderful stretch of water hold only 15 pegs at present but will hold 18 after 3 more pegs have been added we liked it that much we decided to become member's on the spot, straight away ,It is truly a paradise,eden, very serene & tranquil haven to be one with the love of nature,outdoor life i can forsee me being really happy at being one with fishing,& being part of the everday life that happen's on the riverbank.Being able to get down to my first serious bout of River fishing for 18 year's it took over 1hr1/2 to get there including a lost where am i to Scott who sorted us out.Got lost on M42 due the roadworks all along there took 2 wrong turn's due to missing re direction sign's finished up half way to London 1st ,then nearly in Walsall the 2 nd time. We where there about 4 hr's while showed us every peg how to fish it what tackle to use etc.&we also helped him put some new peg no post's in 10 in all.Scott even took us back home for( a cup of tea & slice of cake as Worzel Gummidge used to say)Took 45min's to get back after new directions from Scott.left at 6.25 pm back in house at 7.10 pm .I shall also be targeting the large Carp that inhabit my home club's pool at Lodge Park.

Cheer's Larry

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Whats a river????

Can you catch barbel in them??
I only ever fish for still water barbel.

Alan
You've just been moderated

Stewart Bloor

Trogg, it doesn't matter where youn fish for them, you still won't catch one icon_smile.gif

darryl

i`m looking forward to the river derwent ,my freezer has got 7 pints of hemp cheese paste meat and boilies just rearing to go and stewart if you can have a word with him upstairs it will realy help..cheers thumbsup.gif darryl

work`s for them who can`t fish

Stewart Bloor

Darryl, I'll try my best. He heard, and answered, after all regarding my petitions for the game this afternoon. So I wouldn't think a couple of 7lb chub is too much of a problem.

I'm either going to be on the upper Severn for chub, or the lower Severn after barbel. Funny that, as I live close to the middle reaches of the river.

darryl

thank`s will be very gratefull....darrylicon_smile_big.gif

work`s for them who can`t fish

Status
Not open for further replies.