Not just in the UK...

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter

Lough Muckno

Lough Muckno Corona Virus update:

Due to the alarming presence of this terrible virus in the Area surrounding Lough Muckno some further access steps have been put in place.
The overwhelming reason for this is unfortunately, the gross recklessness of many anglers and their complete and utter failure to comply with the critical National public health guidelines.

We unbelievably have people from all parts of Ireland seeking the access codes on a daily basis, as if no travel restrictions existed.
On a safe appraisal at Lough Muckno on this date, pike anglers from Dublin,Belfast, Co Kildare and Carlingford Co Louth were encountered and advised to go home, in line with the National guidelines.
It is quite unbelievable that this is happening when a catastrophic situation in our hospitals nationwide is imminent and we are all beseeched to play our part in stemming the spread of this killer virus.

From today the changed code of the gate at White Island will not be made available so no request for same should be made.
The coded lock on South Lodge had been removed by us and replaced with a padlocked chain and this section is temporarily not available to anglers.
This has become necessary following an incident there yesterday when a row developed between just three pike anglers over peg encroachment ( alas 35 pegs in this section).

Two anglers then left and as they exited the section, poured super glue over the lock rendering it useless.
Lock has now reverted to standard chain and padlock with no angler access available to anyone, even those allowed to go there under regulations.
The culprits ( two Pike anglers from Dublin) in their red car, number withheld, will be pursued for this wanton act of criminal damage and all of their details are being supplied to the Garda at Castleblayney.

The Golf club facilities at Concra Wood are not open for any golfing activity during this phase of lockdown and the management request that no vehicles enter the area until restrictions are lifted.

In essence no fishing is now allowed or facilitated on all of Lough Muckno, due in the main to the selfish, reckless and wanton disregard for others by the very few.
Please respect this situation and adhere strictly to the travel guidelines, in an effort to restore some credibility and respect to the Angling community.
Lough Muckno and shameful angler actions apart, we now ask all anglers to please play your part in keeping yourself, your families and the community at large safe, by adhering to the public health guidelines to the letter.

With a deep sense of disappointment we ask you all again to stay at home,stay apart and stay safe 1f64f.png 1f64f.png 1f64f.png

(sic)

ben carvosso

Gobsh1tes.... lucky I have a water or two in the restricted 5km close to me and thankfully quiet. They are not where I would usually fish and don't expect to catch much but at least I'll have some time on the bank to break up the monotony and not put anyone in danger
It's the reason I avoid busy waters in ireland.....

R0B

I’m wishing the AT had not appealed the decision now. 🙄
As much as I am desperate to fish, I agree.
Infections are really starting to close in where I am and the thought of people wilfully over-travelling through their own selfishness and even resorting to criminal damage because they didn't like being caught is extremely depressing.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
As much as I am desperate to fish, I agree.
Infections are really starting to close in where I am and the thought of people wilfully over-travelling through their own selfishness and even resorting to criminal damage because they didn't like being caught is extremely depressing.
Where abouts are you ROB ?

Truly

Site Supporter
I kind of agree Mick. I was supposed to be going next weekend but a little part of me now feels like I shouldn't be?
I have decided to stay at home too.:cry:
The Angling Trust did very well, however the situation is now critically dire(n). Perhaps we should be careful what we wish for in these awful circumstances:unsure:. Grim.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
For the time being, the bit of me which says that I quite possibly shouldn't be out would be irritating enough in my mind to not enjoy it, so I won't go, despite being able to go and sit on a 20 acre pit with probably nobody else within half a mile.

Nunachuk

Nunachuk
Site Supporter

Lough Muckno

Lough Muckno Corona Virus update:

Due to the alarming presence of this terrible virus in the Area surrounding Lough Muckno some further access steps have been put in place.
The overwhelming reason for this is unfortunately, the gross recklessness of many anglers and their complete and utter failure to comply with the critical National public health guidelines.

We unbelievably have people from all parts of Ireland seeking the access codes on a daily basis, as if no travel restrictions existed.
On a safe appraisal at Lough Muckno on this date, pike anglers from Dublin,Belfast, Co Kildare and Carlingford Co Louth were encountered and advised to go home, in line with the National guidelines.
It is quite unbelievable that this is happening when a catastrophic situation in our hospitals nationwide is imminent and we are all beseeched to play our part in stemming the spread of this killer virus.

From today the changed code of the gate at White Island will not be made available so no request for same should be made.
The coded lock on South Lodge had been removed by us and replaced with a padlocked chain and this section is temporarily not available to anglers.
This has become necessary following an incident there yesterday when a row developed between just three pike anglers over peg encroachment ( alas 35 pegs in this section).

Two anglers then left and as they exited the section, poured super glue over the lock rendering it useless.
Lock has now reverted to standard chain and padlock with no angler access available to anyone, even those allowed to go there under regulations.
The culprits ( two Pike anglers from Dublin) in their red car, number withheld, will be pursued for this wanton act of criminal damage and all of their details are being supplied to the Garda at Castleblayney.

The Golf club facilities at Concra Wood are not open for any golfing activity during this phase of lockdown and the management request that no vehicles enter the area until restrictions are lifted.

In essence no fishing is now allowed or facilitated on all of Lough Muckno, due in the main to the selfish, reckless and wanton disregard for others by the very few.
Please respect this situation and adhere strictly to the travel guidelines, in an effort to restore some credibility and respect to the Angling community.
Lough Muckno and shameful angler actions apart, we now ask all anglers to please play your part in keeping yourself, your families and the community at large safe, by adhering to the public health guidelines to the letter.

With a deep sense of disappointment we ask you all again to stay at home,stay apart and stay safe 1f64f.png 1f64f.png 1f64f.png

(sic)
Unbelievable self centered Muppets, (Mildest word I could find, but you know what the real word I wanted to use is)!

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
These are the kind of idiots that would probably behave in this manner in everyday life away from fishing. If they didn't go fishing they would cause problems elsewhere. Fishing can't be blamed for their stupidity. However, anglers deliberately flouting government rules and the rule of common sense and decency should have their fishing gear confiscated by the police and have it only returned when the lockdown ends.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
These are the kind of idiots that would probably behave in this manner in everyday life away from fishing. If they didn't go fishing they would cause problems elsewhere. Fishing can't be blamed for their stupidity. However, anglers deliberately flouting government rules and the rule of common sense and decency should have their fishing gear confiscated by the police and have it only returned when the lockdown ends.
They also seem the sort that would be fishing even if it was banned.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Knowing what happened the last time we were allowed to go fishing locally and maintain sensible social distancing, ie idiots travelling many miles and others gathering in pegs, carparks etc. I have made the decision that I will not be going fishing till at least the general lockdown rules are eased for everyone. I know everyone won't agree and make the argument that it is more dangerous going to the supermarket than it is going fishing which is a fair point, however if I don't go to the supermarket and buy food then I will die where as if I don't go fishing I might be mildly annoyed, so with that in mind I will take the necessary precautions when I go shopping and do it when the shops are less busy and do it as little as possible

TrickyD

Site Supporter