Not finished lower than 3rd this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barberj84

Here is my last 3 matches which I have updated on my blog. I have yet to finish out the top 3 in all 6 matches so far.
1 1st, 4 2nds and a 3rd yesterday. Just hope to keep it up all year!

http://barberj.blogspot.com/

Just happy to be out on the bank though

Barberj84

maybe so are you could always say im talented lol

Well people always say to join a club first and this is my first season with them so will see how it goes and maybe go into more opens in future.

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Well done mate, keep going.

you do realise though, that posting something like that is the kiss of death! lol

I made the same mistake a few weeks ago, since then, Ive only come 3rd in one match out of 4 and been nowhere near in the others! DOH!

Cakeman

Well done, keep it up! I've got to say though its a big jump from club matches to opens. I've done well myself this year winning 4 out of 6 club matches and last 3 on the bounce and have done consistently ok for the last few years but when you fish opens it's completely different. I've only fished a handfull of opens and although I did ok as far as the weights went, I felt out of my depth sometimes. I suppose a good time to try one though is when you're doing ok at club level as you're confidence will be high. If you try one I wish you all the best but without trying to sound too negative, just be prepared to come back down with a bump. There are some very good anglers fish opens and especially round your neck of the woods.

Barberj84

yea no worries i know where your coming from cakeman. I'm happy and enjoying my fishing at the minute so i'll stick to how I am at the minute. Might go into more opens in the future who knows. A lot of the time it can get to serious and all about the money at that level anyway. We have a good laugh and no one goes home unhappy so thats the best bit

Cakeman

And thats the good thing about club fishing. Ok you only win your bait money back but its a real good laugh. When I've fished opens the amount of people who take it so serious is untrue, same when I've played in pool teams!!! I love club fishing because its a laugh and you're any good you'll win a few like you're doing now but it's a different atmosphere when you fish opens and a lot of the people aren't that friendly unless its just the opens I've been to round here nr Preston. Carry on thrashing the club lads and take their money for now if you wanna have a laugh. I hope people on here can tell me different and they fish opens and have a real crack. Its the lack of the grin and atmosphere thats put me off to be truthfull.

FORDY 1

Welldone mate, but ur club will have to get some more members as 3 is a bit small![:D]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
I fish a few opens now and again, and whats been said can be true. Alot of good anglers out there, and too many wont even pass the time of day with you. But then, Ive fished some really big ones, and they ve been some of the most pleasant opens Ive been on.

I think alot of it is down to being a new face, and an unknown quantity.
If you show up to the weekly ones on a regular basis, you tend to find that the majority there fish them regularly too, and in a way its almost like a club in its own right.

If you fancy a good day out with new people, get your name down on an MD match.

Ive been on a couple, and they ve been great days out!

gloves007uk

BROWNING
i have fished in a few open matches in the last couple of weeks and have finished third in each one which keeps me happy
and as a new person to the match thing fishing agaist people who have been doing it for a couple of years its nice to come up with the goods and finish in a good postion
last weekend was fishing agaist the local suspects withandy findley turning up for ago and what a surprise he won it too but its always nice to fish against some one who is well know within the sport

Barberj84

lol @ Fordy,

Yea i've been in a couple of Maggot Drowning match's at Lindholme over winter. Managed a 1st and a 3rd in the 3 I fished there to. Good laugh as well

Status
Not open for further replies.