Not driving under lockdown

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Much appreciated Mark (y)
We are fine thanks mate, I have enough beer to see me through :LOL:
Take care and look after yourself and the family mate (y)

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
During my worst drinking days I got an 18 month ban due to still being over the limit on my way to work in the morning. I got back driving at the end of it but I was really nervous driving for a couple of months. Drink driving is a criminal offence not a driving offence which means I’ve got a criminal record. My DNA and finger prints are on the national database. :eek:

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Blimey that’s pretty hardcore. The important thing is that you got yourself sorted out afterwards, not everyone in that situation manages to do that so fair play to you!

My great uncle had a similar situation and whilst he’s teetotal now I don’t think he ever got back into driving.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Even if you aren’t a professional drinker like I was it’s easier to be over the limit in the morning than you think. If you go on a binge take the bicycle, bus or shanks pony in the morning.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah if I have more than about 4-5 pints in an evening I won't drive until after lunch or at least midday the next day if can. Only time I can recall doing it badly was when last year's work Christmas do fell on a Thursday so I stupidly drove to work the next morning after about 7 pints at the do. I felt safe but it made me feel really subconscious so I vowed not to do that again.