Not driving under lockdown

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
It’s just occurred to me that due to the lockdown I’ve not driven my car for exactly 4 weeks and haven’t even been in a car for 2 weeks. We’ve been getting our food delivered so apart from when going for walks there’s no need to leave the village and even those walks havent been outside the parish boundaries. Is quite a strange thought as normally the longest you’d go without driving would be when you are not the designated driver on a 2 week holiday but this will likely be 2 months. Be a struggle to remember how to do it afterwards!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Shops once a week and that's it.

But not to worry. After my colon operation I was not allowed to drive for 6 weeks. And last year spent a month on holiday without driving. Both times got back behind the wheel with no problems.

Trouble I have is driving in the UK after driving in France for two weeks.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
not moved, cleaned it inside and out but getting 4 weeks to the gallon now!

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’ve driven a couple of times, couple of trips to the hospital, shops and to take supplies for the in-laws , I hadn’t driven for 5 weeks, after my op, but just got on with it

Whisker

Site Supporter
My cars been pretty much on the drive for 5 weeks. We've had shopping delivered but anything we can't get we have to go out and shop.
Used about 1/3 of a tank since lockdown.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Haha yeah many weeks to the gallon and a likely flat battery are definitely a couple side effects!

Guess it’s like riding a bike when you do get back to it but will definitely feel a bit odd on that first drive if it is best part of 6 weeks away yet.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
When you do need to fill up are you able to use the car wash. I will need fuel next week and car does need a wash and wax

nejohn

Site Supporter
My car hasn't moved for 4 weeks, technically it's MOT ran out on 8th April but that has been extended for 6 months, we have used Kathy's car for the very few times either of us has needed to go out, I have been to Boots twice to collect a perscription and Kathy has been to the supermarket twice so in the last four weeks probably covered about 8 miles in Kathy's car

alsur

Site Supporter
Shops once a week and that's it.

But not to worry. After my colon operation I was not allowed to drive for 6 weeks. And last year spent a month on holiday without driving. Both times got back behind the wheel with no problems.

Trouble I have is driving in the UK after driving in France for two weeks.
A few years ago had eyesight problems double vision didn't drive or fish for almost a year, got back in the swing no problems.

Dusty

Only a small drive to work as we’ve changed locations during the lockdown. I put £45 in about 2 weeks ago and still have 3/4 of a tank left.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Did you see the price of a barrel of oil in America?
It’s gone negative. The suppliers are paying the buyers $37 a barrel to take it. Can’t wait for that to hit the forecourt.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Did you see the price of a barrel of oil in America?
It’s gone negative. The suppliers are paying the buyers $37 a barrel to take it. Can’t wait for that to hit the forecourt.

we’ll never see the benefit of that, passing on savings to the plebs, NEVER!!!

scantruck1

After having my Cardiac Arrest March 2016 i lost my HGV Class1 for good and had to surrender my car licence for 6 months , very strange getting behind the wheel again 6 months later.

breadflake

Site Supporter
Vans been on the drive for 4weeks now keep meaning to nip out and release the hand brake and just leave it in gear, they can have a tendency so stick and clang when you pull away cannot do it any good.

Simon R

Site Supporter
50 miles in a month - longest journey about a five mile round trip
Petrol at the lowest price it's been for years and I've still got nearly a full tank :cry::cry:
Shopping tomorrow, so that will be another 3 miles - might need to fill up again in June.

Simon

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Been using my company van daily since the lockdown.
I work as a Logistic Co-ordinator for a hire company, we have around 115 HDU ambulances on the road.
I have a letter from HR if I do get stopped (have not been stopped yet) do a 30 mile round trip daily.
Presently off work until next Wednesday, daughter showed mild case of the virus last week, so me and SHMBO are self isolating for the week.

Total

Site Supporter
Been using my company van daily since the lockdown.
I work as a Logistic Co-ordinator for a hire company, we have around 115 HDU ambulances on the road.
I have a letter from HR if I do get stopped (have not been stopped yet) do a 30 mile round trip daily.
Presently off work until next Wednesday, daughter showed mild case of the virus last week, so me and SHMBO are self isolating for the week.

Paul, You ain't far from me.....Anything ya need. Pm fella....(y)