NorthWest Fish-in - Charity Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well just a brief report.
Yesterday I went to Ray's North West Fish-in at Charity Farm, 18? people turned out plus the sun which was baking hot.

Some good fish were caught including a belting Carp of 8-10lb [;)] by young Daniel plus several skimmers and roach and a few other carp. Even Larry managed a bite in more ways than one lol

It was nice to meet up with a few of the names that I had 'spoken' to but never met - Scouse, Graham, Poleroller, Everyready and Crusty and the ones that I had

The Welsh Branch of MD's was there en-mass who provided alot of entertainment, even a few Xmas Carols [:D]
And I'm sure the photos will be up and other reports once the rest get back

Nice one fellas thumbsup.gif

Dave Datafile2.gif

martin.

Account Locked
well on fri i picked up my preorderd bait 4pints caster & 4pints maggot then went & gotmy pellets & coshida loaded up on fri eve ready for early start on sat.
frinight 11-00 Sammy who only came out of hospital thur was in a load of pain & i darnt leave for 2 days in case it got to pain level of 9 out of 10 which is the point we take her in. so thats 2 in a row ive missed.

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

G

Martin, give Sammy our best regards mate, get well soon Sammy.

Went to the wedding yesterday,i'm sat here hung over, my heeeed is bouncing, met up withm my mate's old and new, jeshhhhh i'm suffering now tho.

Wish i was with the M/Ds,

bablefish.gif

catch me if u can
Andy,
Datafile3.asp

Apache

well if there is one near me once I pass my driving test next year, i'll be there.

Tight Lines,

Matt
DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

crusty

I hadn't expected to be able to get to the fish-in, so had made no preperations at all, then Saturday morning everything fell into place and I found myself grabbing some tackle together, checking Rays excellent directions on the site, and setting off.
I arrived mid-afternoon to find the pool almost full, and the banter in full flow.

I tackled up in one of the two swims left, a carp rod to the island and a light rod to try for the shoals of roach that were cruising the surface. Suffice to say, nothing but twitches on the carp rod, and lightening fast bites on the light tackle.
Using a grain of hemp I hooked two carp on the float rod that set off for the middle before turning and burying in the reeds at my side, the hook slipped both times. Ah well.
In the time I was there fish were caught steadily by everyone.
The sunshine, the banter, and the laughter never let up.
It was good to put faces to names and wish I could have spent longer in thier company. A good day I for one am eager to repeat. (see its not all rain up North.)
I hope everyone got home safely.

crusty

everyready

well what a good day at the welsh fishin sunny day fish moveing most of the dayand, some fish being caught ,the place charity farm spotless no rubbish when we started and none at the end .
and just to cap a good day when i get back (THE WIFE)silly things they say is ireland any good for fishing we could have a week over there ,i think she must have been in the sun all day
JUST A BIG THANKS TO ALL FOR A GOOD DAY OUT [8D]

norm

Datafile4.asp

red leader dave with his lovery combat trousers on
Datafile4.asp

diafish with the biggest fish of the day 7 and 3/4 pound
Datafile4.asp

everready managed this skimmer after dropping down to a 13lb bottom
Datafile4.asp

haydn
Datafile4.asp

larry
Datafile4.asp

handsom norm

Datafile4.asp

poleroller and half the population of wales was there
Datafile4.asp

scouse with his musculer body on show

ohhhhhhh and even trogg made a guest appearance [:I][:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]
Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Last edited:

danfish

Thanks for the boost of 2.10oz great to maet up with everyone though pity more couldn't make it.Best regards to sammy off me and the family

d.thomas

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
hey norm dont you mean my handsome landing net.
if you didnt use my net you would of lost it.
im very suprised your camera worked after that photo shoot...

well done to all the welsh boys... see we are not scared of the ****ish i still prefer my sheep.....
sry norm if i spoke to fast for you lol

Datafile3.asp

chris the name fish the game poleroller.jpg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
One of the funniest moments on Saturday evening was when we were downing a couple of drinks outside the local pub and a couple came out. Gawd did she fancy herself lol.
Anyway as they got into his Lotus Elite in a luvverly shade of green with the open top, he was obviously trying to impress her, she was trying to impress anyone who may be looking; he put it into reverse and managed to crunch the gears [:D]

Everyone started chuckling with comments about it "being a design fault", "going back tommorrow", etc, etc

He was looking very embarrassed and she was looking anywhere except in our direction lol

Anyway when he finally got it into gear and set off he had to do it with the obligatory wheel spin to which everyone then started laughing, and I mean everyone [:D]

Plonker [;)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

MALC

Sorry to hear about Sammy Martin, give her my best.

Sorry i could not make it in the end lads [:(] but seeing as most of the population of South Wales was up at Charity Farm i went to their home ground house hunting & Sheep Spotting [;)][;)]

Glad you all had a good time and hopefully meet up at the next 1.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
dave geoff did all the motions when he came back to base well were laughing when he told me and ray owen

Datafile4.asp

chris the name fish the game

Chris the name fish the game poleroller.jpg

ray

hiya all, well what can i say, weather on the friday and saturday was brill, the craik was even better.

some nice fish caught and some nice fish lost.

was pleased meet up with friends old and new (except daniel....lol)

a big thanks to dai and norms lads, it was a very long and hot day on the saturday and they were absolutly brill.

martin/malc, sorry you didnt make it, hope everything is ok.

the only downer for me was the fact that i hit the wrong button and deleted all the pictures i had took [:(]

i will be going back to charity farm sometime this week to tell fred that it will be an annual event (every june)

i really enjoyed every minute (even if i did have to put up with waxy all day [:D])

thumbsup.gif brill weekend, a big thanks to all, cant wait for the next one, glad everyone got home safely. thumbsup.gif

later gents and thanks again.

ray.

prepare your meat at home and bin the tin.
"clean banks campaign"

scouse_lee

evertonian
i turned up sunday and every buggar done one... must wash and spray next time....

cheez you should of seen the state of them all drinkin tea at first thing in the morn, ugly bunch

scouse

'River Man'
hi lads
what a weekend
absolute brill
good company
good weather
and guinness
i will def be going to many more
thanks again lads

dave mickey.gif scouse (and proud of it)

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well what can I say. Yet another great weekend. What a shame the weather had to go and spoil it on the Sunday. The usual crack, just a few fish being caught but loads of chatter.

Great to meeet those I already knew, amd great to meet some new faces. One lasting memory was the not a nice chap in the racing green Lotus. I wonder if he has found his reverse gear yet, or if she said "No" that night after his poor showing in adult company.

Another would be the cry - "Look there is trogg". We looked round to see Norm taking a photo of a dog. Not very nice Norm, but very funny.

Looking forward to Martins do on the North Level.

Just a couple of photos. First one of the cracking carp that dai caught.

Datafile4.asp

Now one of maggotville.
Datafile4.asp

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues UK

Last edited:

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by MALC

Sorry to hear about Sammy Martin, give her my best.

Sorry i could not make it in the end lads [:(] but seeing as most of the population of South Wales was up at Charity Farm i went to their home ground house hunting & Sheep Spotting [;)][;)]

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Come on Malc. How did your trip to the valleys go?

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues UK

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
myself and daifish/daniel/geoff p/ray owen arrived at charity farm about 5:45pm we were greeted by ray the (organizer) scouse/graham
we did the introdution shook hands as you do....

next step we got the tents out ready to set up for the weekend help was at hand straight away(thanks guys) from this time i knew i was in for a good weekend... after we set the tents and got everything underway all sorted the kettle was on the cookers lovly...
we all had a chat was the situation of the weekend was going to be...

a little short while later larry and haydn had arrived greeting came from all around they set up there tents... later that evening we took a stroll up to the lakes where we will be fishing....

i liked the look of the main lake as every peg had a feature (the island)

to me everybody had the same feature which in my opinion that was good as there was no pegjumping sry (norm was there)[;)]

later on we all deciced to go to the local pub 100yards away the company and chatting was in good flow...

myself and ray owen/haydn left a little earlier than the rest to get a few things ready for the early start on the saturday morning 11:30pm they were all back from the pub.. a few of the lads triped over diafish guy ropes on his tent [:D][:D]..

right then guys im off to bed up early in the morning[:0][:0] next thing i knew it was 4am saturday morn (thanks haydn[;)]) 420am eating beans and sausage with a coffee lovly[^] had a chat with the lads...

5am haydn gone to start fishing so we all followed abit later from the time we all hit the pond this is where the banter started and didnt stop[;)] through out the day we had some new arrivals waxlion/pj/dave webbo/norm/ever ready/crusty wich all added to the chantting later in the day i did a wonder round introducing myself and finding out who was who[;)][;)]

when i got to waxlion he was whistling jingle bells[:D][:D] so i said thats it im going[;)] i had a quick chat to webbo/everready then the last person of all was crusty which was nice to see.....

at last i put names to faces[:)][:)][8)] i really enjoyed the whole weekend from the time i had arrived[;)][;)]

i would like to thank everybody who turned up for there good company /hints and tips (cheers guys[;)])

the organization was brill thanks (ray)[;)]

this was my 1st fish-in and there will be many more to follow[;)][;)]

Datafile4.asp

chris the name fish the game.....

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
sry trevski i didnt mean to leave you out my mistake[:(][:(][;)]
here are some of the pictures i took thumbsup.gif

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

waxlion/pj

Datafile4.asp

Datafile4.asp

scouse/graham

Datafile4.asp

pegjumper/sonchris/halfofray

Datafile4.asp

camp.trevski/geoffp/rayowen/daifish/norm onthechair

Datafile4.asp

trevski.geoffp.rayowen.daifish.normonchair.ray cooor what a hand full

Datafile4.asp

poleroller2003 chris the name fish the game

Chris you forgot to put the [img)(/img] tags in mate,also these pics are greatly oversize as regards the total number of bytes as they were saved as Bit-Maps and not J-Peg format,hence the slow loading of the images,[:(!]

pic 1 57654 bytes
pic 2 921654 bytes
pic 3 230454 bytes
pic 4 230454 bytes
pic 5 57654 bytes
pic 6 57654 bytes
pic 7 57654 bytes
pic 8 57654 bytes
pic 9 230545 bytes

total 1,901,559 bytes or 1.9 Megabytes,something seriously amiss here,
quote:Please Note:The ideal file size for use in the forum is less than 30,000 bytes and dimensionally no larger than 500 pixels in width or height.
Files over that size may well be deleted.

They have now been resized as J-Peg format pics.[;)]Peter.
Please review your photo editing!!!!!!!!!!!

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'
sry guys if you would like to see the pics double click on them you will get the pictures im sure
All re-edited and viewable now.[;)]Peter.

Datafile4.asp

chris the name fish the game

Status
Not open for further replies.