Northern Angling Today mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony_grig

I havn't asked this yet, but Im just curious as to what you all thought about the new mag?Is it missing anything in your opinion?Anything there you havnt seen elsewhere?!
Cheers
Tony

Tony_grig

The new edition is out this month and hopefully the teething problems with distribution will iron themselves out this time round. Check your big newsagents and if not Ill try and get a request form to you so yiou can give it to the newsagents and have a copy there evry month for you.
Tony

silverman

Originally posted by Tony_grig

I havn't asked this yet, but Im just curious as to what you all thought about the new mag?Is it missing anything in your opinion?Anything there you havnt seen elsewhere?!
Cheers
Tony

The dogs do dar's mate.Keep up the good work.

Any chance of a bit coveridge on some northern natural venue's too.
Whittle dene's fishing its B***'s off at the mo.The pleasure wieghts are very good.Also the wear in summer,autum and winter would make a cracking feature.

Mr.Fishy

Overall I thought it was a pretty good read. One thing that did bother me though was that there was no information for any venues anywhere near where I live (Wigan).

Is this just a Yorkshire publication or will the North-west be included in future issues?

Tony_grig

The magazine covers the other side of the pennines mate. Yorkshire, North East, parts of Derbyshire and Nottmingham. If this magazine is a success, which it is anticipated to be, then a new NW title could happen in the future.
Tony

budnudd

tackletartitis
forget the NW tony, just concentrate on this side of the hills mate, gods own county. lol I found last months edition to be a great read, a refreshing change from the predictable drival thrown into the other major monthlys time after time.

Keep it up mate.

Tony_grig

No chance im forgetting the NW!!Thats my side of the pennines and is miles better than yorkshire in every way possible[:p]
Tony

neil.boro

i run a newsagents if you cant get it ask your newsagent to call there wholsaler(menzies)should have no problems,its a top read ,well worth gettin

Tony_grig

Nightowluk thats a good idea and one i will certainly put forward to Tom (editor). The other thing I think may be good is a page or half a page with club names and contacts and prices. People are always on the look out for new club waters and having all the info all in one place could be handy?What do you all think?
Tony

Nightowluk

thats a very good idea tony, i for one am looking for a small club that hold regular matches without costing a fortune.

tr1cky

Cheers
Tony

It's a good mag, got a copy of the first issue from a friend.
Had a quick look through it and passed in onto someone else.
The only niggle I had with it is there didn't seem to be any contact information for any of the fisheries featured.[V]

Tony_grig

If you read The Guide section, which is our main venue review section there should be a contact number for every venue, except if it is something like a remote pond or river stretch that we have been specifically asked to mention. Most of the fisheries in the features are covered in The Guide mate.
Tony

tr1cky

If you read The Guide section, which is our main venue review section there should be a contact number for every venue, except if it is something like a remote pond or river stretch that we have been specifically asked to mention. Most of the fisheries in the features are covered in The Guide mate.
Tony

Sorry mate, didn't read that bit [:eek:)]
like I said, quick glance then passed on to someone else.
It's good to have a paper which covers local areas rather than one which presents you with sensationalinst tabloid like headlines.

Originally headlined by The Angling Times

PUT YOUR BAIT IN FOR 50 SECONDS AND CATCH 50 FISH!!!

Angling news of the world more like....

gazmalman

malmanfloats.com
Originally posted by silverman

Any chance of a bit coveridge on some northern natural venue's too.
Whittle dene's fishing its B***'s off at the mo.The pleasure wieghts are very good.Also the wear in summer,autum and winter would make a cracking feature.

Wait for issue no.3 mate[;)]

brummie 76

Silverman,

As mentioned above rivers etc will be featured in issue no 3 once the new season starts up.

mmrb

The mag is also on sale in a lot of WhSmiths.

Did people like the features??

brummie 76

codhead

If you have a copy of the mag contact Tom the editor on the number in the mag...they are on the look out for anglers to do venue guides in the areas which are not covered.

As time progresses coverage should become better and more fine tuned to what readers want as there has only been on issue released to date....The more comments we recieve the more we can improve the mag...

Status
Not open for further replies.