North West Fisheries

MaxGwill

Based in the North West, and looking for some new spots to go to instead of my usual.

If anyone has got any suggestions please let me know! Based near Warrington but don't mind a bit of a drive for somewhere worth it. My usuals are Brookside, Partridge, Greenwoods, Meadow View as well as a few small club ponds I have licences for .

Where else is worth me trying?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Wrightington, Orcherton, Whitmore, Cunneries, High Heyes, Beacon view loads to go at.
All within a couple of miles of each other. Plus german lane fishery at a push.
Then there is sycamore at Golbourne and widdows flash at Hindley plus a couple of others in that area.

MaxGwill

Thanks everyone for the replies, got a good few to try out now, will keep me busy during the winter. Also realised i live near dunham fisheries, anyone tried that?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Thanks everyone for the replies, got a good few to try out now, will keep me busy during the winter. Also realised i live near dunham fisheries, anyone tried that?
Yep, two pools there, the first one you can more or less park behind your peg depending on which side you fish, Average around 14.5 metres wide either side,
Plenty of fish to be had down margins, from big F1 to large silvers.
Most baits will work.
The second pool is the original one, this varies in width, the end pegs can be good feeder pegs, last year macaroni cheese straight from the tin was a good bait, also most baits work well.
Depth varies on both pools ,average down the centre can be around 4'
Bay Malton members can have 10 free visits before they have to pay.
If you go over the toll bridge and head towards warrington and turn right off manchester rd where transport cafe is ( moat lane) you will come to blundell fishery at the top of it.