North Benfleet Hall Fishery

scantruck1

Just off the A130 between Benfleet and Wickford Essex , very enjoyable 5 hours on the feeder 4 double figure carp biggest just over 12lb , half a dozen more of a reasonable size with a few small bream thrown in for good measure.
Weather was fine to start with then the heavens opened up for about 30 mins rain bouncing off the lake , everything caught on 30g Method Feeder bait was 2mm Red Robin and 2mm Green Swimstim Pellet mixed together with soft hooking 4mm Pellet on a 4" hook length .

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Just off the A130 between Benfleet and Wickford Essex , very enjoyable 5 hours on the feeder 4 double figure carp biggest just over 12lb , half a dozen more of a reasonable size with a few small bream thrown in for good measure.
Weather was fine to start with then the heavens opened up for about 30 mins rain bouncing off the lake , everything caught on 30g Method Feeder bait was 2mm Red Robin and 2mm Green Swimstim Pellet mixed together with soft hooking 4mm Pellet on a 4" hook length .
That sounds like a great session, pretty much the type of sessions i look for (y)

How long do you soak the robin reds for the method? i tried ages ago and they went to mush too easy.

scantruck1

That sounds like a great session, pretty much the type of sessions i look for (y)

How long do you soak the robin reds for the method? i tried ages ago and they went to mush too easy.
sorry for delay in replying, as you are aware it is usually 1min per mill but i find that to long and as you said they go to mush so 90 seconds on the phone timer is what i do .
i always take a bit of groundbait with me just incase the mush happens and i just mix a bit of dry red robin g/bait in with the pellet and all is ok.