Normark ****ean

Status
Not open for further replies.

shonkyboy

Hmm - day one with my new Normark Titan MKII - broke the Fuc***er.
i'm to distraught to write anymore [V][V][V][V][V][:(!]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Take it back to where you bought it for a replacement

Enigma

Armchair Carper
I have no idea what he is on about - is this an expensive bit of fishing kit or something from Anne Summers?

stinky_docker

Originally posted by Enigma

I have no idea what he is on about - is this an expensive bit of fishing kit or something from Anne Summers?

Normark rods can cost a few quid....

shonkyboy

I was fishing on the centrepin in the middle of the river turned round to get some more hemp to put in my bait apron. PING! - Thought the line had snapped - a fish musyt have taken the bait the second i turned round and i think the line mighyt have caught round the top eye as there was a bit of an upstream wind.
There was hardly force exerted and it was not a big fish.
[V]

jduck1979

John D
Originally posted by Enigma

RRP for one of them rods in the Masterline catalogue is 299.95 (but I also noticed they're supposed to come with a 10yr Warranty)
http://www.thenumberone.co.uk/007_rods.pdf

shonkyboy

Im not blaming the rod - i dobnt know if the line was arond the tip - but ive had the line caught round the tip with dozens of rods over the last 30 years or so and never had one break.(execpt when i have been lining one up with a hangover and got a bit carried away!)

The force exerted, as i said was very small - certainly not enough to break any other rod i own.

A mate of mine did say that the Normarks are very fragile i=on the tip and he seems to have been proven right - much to my dismay.

thetraveller

How do you know how much force was exerted? You weren't watching and only heard the ping!!

If it was a sharp tug and the line was wrapped around the tip it wouldn't take much pressure to snap the tip.

Enigma

Armchair Carper
gee a 300 quid rod breaks so easily sounds as though there was a fault in the build to begin with. Surely a little line twisting the top shouldn't cause that damage. But then I'm used to using 3lb TC rods and my float rod is something I just look at!

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
I bought a garbolino last year, first time out and the end snapped at the third eye down. I sent it back and they replaced it no problems, since found out they had a bad batch of rods.

I'd say take it back the shop you bought it from and tell them it broke whilst playing a fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.