Norfolk

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anybody got any info on fishing around Norfolk ? Especially Burgh Castle. Thanks in advance ,

The Saint

Paul
Site Supporter
Used to go to Norfolk quite regularly as a youngster Kevin, never fished at Burgh Castle but there were a few fisheries in and around Belton which is in the vicinity, hope this and the above link helps.

davej

old hippy
Site Supporter
Used to go years ago always fished the Thurne at Potter Heigham, free fishing there or the Bure at Acle, plenty of bream and roach then and a few eels. Hickling Broad is boat fishing only. You can fish some of the boat mooring yards but they get busy during holiday season.
Not many places near the coast.

Lathams at Potter Heigham have a fairly good tackle shop.

Dropon

For information on the Broads and also somewhere to buy bait and tackle contact James at AJB angling at Ludham bridge.phone 01692 630990. Best bait around there ,beats all the others, you know when the locals buy his bait it must be the best. Ps other than being a satisfied customer I have no connection with him.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
For information on the Broads and also somewhere to buy bait and tackle contact James at AJB angling at Ludham bridge.phone 01692 630990. Best bait around there ,beats all the others, you know when the locals buy his bait it must be the best. Ps other than being a satisfied customer I have no connection with him.
We go every year and visit James it's a fantastic shop and I always stock up on groundbauts for home as great value.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Another thumbs up for AJB.

If you park in one of the layby`s by the bridge and walk upstream right hand side after the moorings {couple of minutes walk} you
will come to some swims. Some have room for two {just} and although the swims are not huge as long as you don`t take the kitchen
sink they are perfectly useable although a pole {you know those things weird people fish with} would be difficult. The footpath is
close by but apart from the odd dog sniffing around it shouldn`t trouble you and there are plenty of bushes if you need a piddle.
Although normally placid the flow here can be surprisingly strong at times, never fished this exact spot but the opposite bank down
by Ludham bridge itself, be up that way in a couple of weeks so if you do fish it be interesting how you got on.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks lads, I am going over for 4 days and hope to get out at least one day. I will keep you informed . Thanks again.

Dropon

Another thumbs up for AJB.

If you park in one of the layby`s by the bridge and walk upstream right hand side after the moorings {couple of minutes walk} you
will come to some swims. Some have room for two {just} and although the swims are not huge as long as you don`t take the kitchen
sink they are perfectly useable although a pole {you know those things weird people fish with} would be difficult. The footpath is
close by but apart from the odd dog sniffing around it shouldn`t trouble you and there are plenty of bushes if you need a piddle.
Although normally placid the flow here can be surprisingly strong at times, never fished this exact spot but the opposite bank down
by Ludham bridge itself, be up that way in a couple of weeks so if you do fish it be interesting how you got on.

Dropon

The flow can be quite strong / fast on a spring tide, fished it a lot on the opposite side to the boat pump out . Last time I fixed the same side as the shops etc , had the surprise of seeing a big dog otter surface after seeing loads of big bubbles . No bites for a time after that.
Cold harbour a good stretch, especially if you can get on one of the disabled platforms , being a blue badge holder I can. Miss fishing the rivers now with limited walking.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I like cold harbour too, missis usually wanders off picking blackberries but with the lack of rain they will be poor.