Norfolk Broads-Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyClegg

Going on Hols. soon. Staying near Wroxham(Salhouse Broad, on land not afloat). Can anyone recommend somewhere to fish for a few hours early morning/evening nearby. Family holiday so a full session is outa the question. Thanks Sammy.[8D]

SammyClegg

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Sammy

There is some bank fishing on Salhouse Broad itself off of the moorings. It can get busy during the day with boats mooring and people swimming off the beach. Try tucking youself in one of the corners. The are odd bank spots between Salhouse and Wroxham best to pop into the tackle shop in Wroxham and ask there.

See you intend early and late sessions, these are the best times anyway when the boats have settled down for the night.

There are quite a few swims at Horning on the south side of the river opposite the Ferry Inn, sorry but I dont know how to get there but you can park the car fairly close.

Tight Lines
Dave

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
Dave, isn't there also a couple of "roadside pegs" on the way into Wroxham, from the Brundall direction. Or am I getting confused, it's been a while since I was there.

catch you later, tight lines, dave....

dave the fish

Site Supporter
Dave

Cant think of any. Brundall is on the River Yare, Salhouse is on the River Bure. As I said there are some odd swims I have seen from a boat but you would need local knowledge to find them by road.

I think there are some at Brundall but again havent a clue how to get to them. It might be worth ringing Brundall Angling and asking them 01603 715289.
They are probably the best tackle shop in the area and have now opened a large warehouse for mailorder.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.