Non-Sponsored Angler YouTube channels

bris

The Andy May thread got me wondering as I get fed up with sponsored top match fishermen being biased and pushing their own brands when I watch YouTube vids.

Any recommendations for non-sponsored, unbiased anglers (I’m talking match fishing) YouTube channels?

I do enjoy Paul’s tackle reviews, BagUp TV and Angling 4 u.

I just enjoy a non biased video with genuine reviews/opinions.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I’m not talking about the top class angler like your Des Shipps, Jamie Hughes etc who are sponsored by the top brands. Just your normal match angler who gives a genuine review
The issue is surely that an unsponsored angler cannot buy and review enough tackle to really give an objective view on a range across different manufacturers. A sponsored angler can only talk about tackle from their sponsors. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I have made one or two videos but more on technique rather than tackle (do you want a review of my 12 year old MAP M16 pole?) Or my Dinsmore Silver Roller?

bris

The issue is surely that an unsponsored angler cannot buy and review enough tackle to really give an objective view on a range across different manufacturers. A sponsored angler can only talk about tackle from their sponsors. Its a bit of a catch 22 situation.

I have made one or two videos but more on technique rather than tackle (do you want a review of my 12 year old MAP M16 pole?) Or my Dinsmore Silver Roller?
Well I’ve just named 3 video channels above that do exactly that 🙄 and was hoping there were more out there

mike fox

'Just Me and the Fish'
Site Supporter
I've found reviews are pretty pointless really, even from the very top anglers of any discipline. Simply because what appears to work for them may not work for you and the best gear is always the best that you can afford and you always get what you pay for. Cheap is cheap for a reason. Expensive is either good or a rip off, so the choice of what you buy should be your own choice and nobody elses.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Match Fishing Masterclass
Is that the joe guy with glasses? If so he’s Preston and sonubaits I believe

All I can think of genuinely good quality wise off the top of my head are the John guy from hooked fishing channel and nick from Avon angling uk plus MarkW off here. Probably missed a couple given it’s late but everyone else I can think of has some form of sponsorship.

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
Thanks for the good feedback. It’s not just about whether I like something in my YouTube videos, I try to give lots of detail; weights, dimensions and capacities as manufacturers rarely give that on their websites or adverts.

I always say ‘just because something works for me doesn’t mean it will work for you but I’ll try and give all the information to make your own mind up’.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Is that the joe guy with glasses? If so he’s Preston and sonubaits I believe

All I can think of genuinely good quality wise off the top of my head are the John guy from hooked fishing channel and nick from Avon angling uk plus MarkW off here. Probably missed a couple given it’s late but everyone else I can think of has some form of sponsorship.
Joe Carass you mean? No it's Rikki Richards I think. I read a post he made on Facebook about sponsorship and why he's not sponsored, so it's mostly unsponsored style videos.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Joe Carass you mean? No it's Rikki Richards I think. I read a post he made on Facebook about sponsorship and why he's not sponsored, so it's mostly unsponsored style videos.
Ah right the channels must have similar names I’ll have to have a look 👍🏻

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
He’s does a mix of fishing from the videos posted so some might be up your street. The canal river and silvers type ones.
I know the one you mean now have seen their videos on the Wye and I think the soar