Nokia N70 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
I've got a Nokia N70 phone, its now three yrs old and of course is showing signs of wear, I shall be changing it soon, but there is one little niggle that is, shall we say concerning me.
The battery has virtually had it and only lasts the day, sometimes not even that, even after a full charge, now I've just noticed over the past couple of days that the battery itself is starting to bulge in the centre and has cracked the back cover of the phone. Now is there any danger of it exploding or catching fire??

It will be a few days yet before I can get the new phone and just want to know if its still safe to continue using it.

the gaffer

i would be careful when charging it,if it is only lasting a day then the battery is hardly holding enough charge to generate heat,may be a slight risk when the charger is connected though,i certainly wouldnt leave it on over night.

matty198111

my father in law had same problem and his phone DID catch fire

please be very careful

personally i would not use it

b-uster175

why not buy a battery off ebay this one 4.95 including delivery
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HIGH-CAPACITY-BL-5C-BATTERY-NOKIA-N70-6230-6630-/360243966236?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries&hash=item53e036b11c

Cheers dave

leeboyo

A Lipo battery, like the ones used in mobiles, once they start expanding/deforming, they become very dangerous - the batteries can set on fire almost explosively, and burn very hot - hard to put out, too - my advice, get a new one and stop using the current one now.

Cheers,
Lee.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
DO NOT puncture the cell, ever. If a cell balloons quickly place it in a fire safe place, especially if you were charging it when it ballooned. After you have let the cell sit in the fire safe place for at least 2 hours. Discharge the cell/pack slowly. This can be done by wiring a flashlight bulb of appropriate voltage (higher is voltage is ok, lower voltage is no) up to your batteries connector type and attaching the bulb to the battery. Wait until the light is completely off, then throw the battery away.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209187

Taken from here:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Don't put your phone in your pocket, especially front pockets near to the family jewels Bluey [:eek:]

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Originally posted by b-uster175

why not buy a battery off ebay this one 4.95 including delivery
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-HIGH-CAPACITY-BL-5C-BATTERY-NOKIA-N70-6230-6630-/360243966236?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries&hash=item53e036b11c

Cheers dave

Decided against new battery on account of the fact the phone only has to last a week max because I'm getting a new one once I've made my mind up what I'm getting, a 5230 or maybe an X6, X10? is it. But cant be without a phone at the moment, poor ole thing tho its taken a battering over the time I've had it, missing buttons, internal speaker is hard to hear, mind that might just be me [:I][:0][:D]
Shame really I've only just recently began to be able to use it to its full potential.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.