No matches this year

piscatorial

Had a chat with the members of the club I run today and we've decided to cancel our calendar for this year due to uncertainty over when we will be able to match fish again. We'll have a meeting at the end of the year to see if we continue in 2022.
Luckily for me I'm a member of two clubs, my other club is all natural waters, which is what I pleasure fish and also take part in weekly contests when I'm able.

How are other posters clubs doing?

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I’m not in a club
I can’t see commies not holding matches. Fish’o is going ahead. Your club seems to have come to a quick decision after all they say about the vaccines working well.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
no matches for my club until restrictions ease, and then it will be back to pre-payment and an online draw like we had in the last lockdown

as we are nearly all over 50, no ones complained at all,

Whisker

Site Supporter
Our matches are still in the diary so once we’re given the green light we’ll pick up from wherever the first match is booked.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It seems a bit drastic to cancel the year's matches

chris1967

Site Supporter
no matches 😱 ,im hoping bobo lets us from next week or this is what i'll be doing with my vote next election 🔥

piscatorial

I’m not in a club
I can’t see commies not holding matches. Fish’o is going ahead. Your club seems to have come to a quick decision after all they say about the vaccines working well.
Our club only has 12 members the oldest being 89 with a couple more in their 70's.
The 3 matches that had been booked for this year were carried over from last year.
With Boris saying we could be in lock down till July and trying to book the other 7 contests for the later part of the year when every other club could be doing the same we decided to sit this year out.

BBear

Site Supporter
That seems a shame as I’m sure the restrictions will be all but lifted and your older members all fully jabbed by early summer. However if you’re a small club and you all feel the same way then it’s your decision of course.

Silure

Site Supporter
3 matches booked for our club this year first 6 th June. Already 25 booked in. I have several other matches that I am in so seems all going ahead as usual here.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
My clubs have cancelled matches until further notice... I suspect till next year at the earliest... not that it makes much difference to me....

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I believe my clubs got a full schedule planned for the new season, nearly 4 months away isn't it so pretty sure all will be well by then especially as it was last year.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cinque ports AS, my club has the same series of matches each year, mainly fished on club waters, and fished for our ongoing trophies

the only matches that really change much each year are the inter-club matches where the venues are decided at the beginning of the season, and a couple of awaydays where the club books a lake on a commercial for a match

this year, its going to be interesting at the presentation night (if that actually happens) with the amount of points accrued on each series being the lowest there has ever possibly been, due to cancelled gigs