No going back

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrC

Did you watch the tv program last week "No going back" , it was a guy who left his london home to move to France and he bought a farm house with a huge lake. He stocked it with huge Carp, It looked great . He now offers holiday packages for anglers. Dream come true hey? has anyone else thought of doing something like this, and what problems did you encounter?

Chopper

I've certainly thought/dreamt about it but only a lottery win or a long lost relative I don't even know leaving me a fortune will permit me to do so.

I think the ultimate would be buying a giant yacht (is that how you spell it?!) and running game fishing excursions for Marlin, Tuna, Sharks etc in a nice hot country [:D]

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:..has anyone else thought of doing something like this, and what problems did you encounter?

Often, very often [:)]

I'm not sure how many people I have told but I do know that it is only a handful but for sometime last year my wife and I along with a friend have been actively pursuing a deserted mill complex complete with lake which was at one time the feeder for the mill.

The whereabouts I cannot disclose as it is still ongoing albeit it is a very hard slog. The owner passed away and left it in the hands of a land agent who is acting on behalf of the deceased's family who themselves are not interested in it, but refuse to part company with it for sentimental reasons.
They themselves are elderly which explains their lack of interest and have chosen to hold on to it to potentially leave it in trust for the next generation - complicated and frustrating, lol

Anyway here are a few photos of the place:

The Mill itself:

What was originally the Mill Owner's house is on the left of the photo but I cannot show that at the moment

Photos of the lake:

The Left (bottom end):

The Middle:

The Right (top end):

The top of the lake has a feeder stream into it which flows from a spring and produces quite a few gallons an hour but presently is very overgrown and would require some excavation.

We have appointed an agent to act on our behalves and hopefully in time something might come of it, hopefully

Saying that if it doesn't, just think of all the D******ing I'd have got out of [:D][:D]

Dave

MrC

Looks like a nice spot Dave, is it abroad? and how much would one expect to pay for such a spot?Mal

anyexcuse

Guess I'll just have to keep filling in the lottery slips.DOL(dream out loud)

Dave@Brynmill&DistictAC

Lid

Dave

You could hold a competition to guess the location. Nearest guess wins something good, like free fishing for life at the lake if you manage to buy it.

I reckon it's in England myself.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi MrC,

No its in sunny Britain [:)] north of the Watford gap of course, lol

This particular property hasn't got an asking price as such but land and buildings wise the value is in the region of <cough> alot lol

The Clearwater fishery was bought for 150,000 or thereabouts I believe.
An established fishery can go for any amount depending on how good it's reputation is. I believe the Willows nr York was on the rumour-vine with a price tag of 800,000 last year, including the house but only rumoured [:)]

Dave

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,
With a lake like that in your back garden,you would have no shortage of volenteers willing to exchange a few days d******ing for a few days fishing.[:D][:D][:D]

Where did i put those brushes [?]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

Status
Not open for further replies.