No Going Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Did anybody else see this on Channel 4 last night at 9pm?

It was a follow up program on a family they profiled last year(?) who had left Surrey for Brittany and bought a derelict farm with a couple of lakes. He was a builder and did a lot of renovation work and they opened the lakes up for Carp Fishing holidays.

The complex was called Clearwater Lakes, and it was interesting to see how they got on. Took them months before they got a permit from the local government to open the fishery but they got there in the end and ended up breaking even in their first season (not allowing for the 40k of carp they stocked the lakes with).

AlanP

MALC

Sadly missed it due to work but it sounds like a rerun of a programme Trogg mentioned early last year.

One day i'll check the telly pages and actually tape a programme thats about fish/fishing.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

jonesr

Alan, yes I didn't realize that it was on for a start.Found it by chance.A well made prog.Showing that it's not all roses!Good luck to them,hopefully they may make a follow up.

Ron J

Age isn't everything!
EXPERIENCE IS!

AndyA

Hi AlanP,

Yes me and the wifey watched the program and wished we'd done it too, what a fantastic way of life ..... we've been to France a few times and it's always been a good experience.

Has anyone from this forum fished Clearwater Lakes ?, what do you reckon ? ...

Aaaah .... soon be fishing !

www.aa-computerrescue.co.uk

crusty

Hi Alan,

we watched the programme, it was an update of a prog from earlier in the year.
I admire anyone who gets off their backsides and turns dreams into reality.
the hard work and determination of the whole family, was an inspiration, good luck to them.

crusty

AlanP

'EastAngler'
On a morning like today where the journey to work took twice as long as normal, 80 minutes rather than 40, avoiding flooded country roads, cars that had skidded off the road and then a long queue to get into Cambridge you can se the sense in what they've done can't you?

It's not been easy for them and they've had to work hard but they are living their dream, unlike the majority of people who never achieve their dreams. As has been said before, good luck to them.

AndyA - Don't know about anybody on here, but I saw a comment on one of the other forums from somebody who went last year. He was very impressed, said Kevin and his family were nice, fishing was good and the early morning bacon sarnie was excellent.

AlanP

Status
Not open for further replies.