No Go By Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

carpbob3

Has anyone fished this venue ? have you aby tips for it, bait methods etc

Chopper

Never heard of it, is it in West Yorks?

Lee Saville - Colmic Team Ossett

Individual 2002 World Club Champion, Zagreb - Croatia.
Individual 2002 Angling Times North East Region Winter League Champion.
2001 Embassy Division 1 National Team Champions.

www.colmic.com

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Dave fished there last year, on the old lake he'll fill you in on it.

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***[img]http://www.aaa-clipart.com/data/anim2/dogs/an14.gif

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Carpbob,

I've fished it several times, it's at the back of Leeds & Bradford Airport and can be got to by going past the airport (from Horsforth side), get to the crossroads, turn right and its on the right about a mile and a half down the road, just past the nursery.

Anyway there are two lakes plus a third that is overgrown and not many know about.
The main lake is the old one which has an average depth of 5ft and an island in the middle.
Three sides are easily accessible and are fished the most, the forth side is heavily overgrown but you do get carp close into the margins here if you stalk them.
In general there are carp and silvers in the lake and the best methods I have found are floating bread or dog mixers on an evening.
The owner last year decided to clear a lot of the over hanging trees and margin weed out of the lake which made it a lot harder plus gave no where for the carp to hide or spawn.
This resulted in them becoming very wary and late spring/early summer there was a lot of carp with sores on more than likely caused by rubbing up against the stones which are around the main sides.

The second pond is the new match pond and is designed as such with close pegs, a lot of silvers and pastie carp and pretty good for pole use but it doesn't fish brilliantly for some reason.
I've yet to have a proper go at this pond because generally I just go to no-go-bye on an evening for a few hours freeline-ing when time permits.

The third (hidden) pond has some big fish in and a few decent tench but is heavily overgrown with lilies and weed and if you were to get one on, I don't fancy your chances of getting it out.

Day tickets are (might have changed) 4.00 per day and 2.00 per evening and it can get busy in summer.

Oh and by the way, watch out for rats as there are quite a few of them

Dave

Last edited:

carpbob3

cheers Dave i took a ride over there yesterday and had a look at the two ponds apparently the owner is digging out another two ponds this year one of them is going to be a 50 peg match pond.... the smaller pond looks ok but i have been told there is carp to 38lb in there the bigger pond has carp to 18lb and as yoou said plenty of silver in both any more tips ?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:apparently the owner is digging out another two ponds this year one of them is going to be a 50 peg match pond

That concerns me as he really needs to get some advice first because it's not all about 'just digging holes and filling them'
IMO He has the makings of a good fishery there but not the experience to pull it off (I might be wrong but just from what I've seen so far [:)])

Tackle wise if you're going for the carp, I usually fish 7-8lb line and expect a good first run once hooked.
Baits - only ever used bread and mixers but corn can work well as can natural baits such as worm.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.