Nights of Drama, Denial and desperate housewives !

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sometimes doing someone a favour, is a pretty poor choice

Wench, that is her of the flame hair and quick temper, was asked by her son iffin he could borrow her heap of korean car yesterday early evening to attend a hospital appointment

yes she says, being as he is a listed driver on her insurance policy, you may, So she duly hands him the keys to the tiny hyundai

off he goes, up the motorway towards Ashford town in the overtly powerful roller skate

half hour later, she gets a call, has she got breakdown insurance, ?

What, Why, wassapened ? were the questions !!!!

turns out the Emmerson fittipaldi no mechanical sympathy, car breaking herbert has blown the bloody thing up on the M20 slip road

more questions, and answers forthcoming, "I was only changing down, when there was a big bang, loadsa smoke and the car came to a sudden halt" he says, whilst he is standing there surrounded by two plod and a pair of the motorway support dibbles

cars immobile, engines locked solid and the front wheels no longer turn, choices are the gearbox ?, differential ?

gave him the number of the green flag service, and they turn up just past 9pm, have real trouble getting it on the lowloader and convey him and the car back here, the problem is, our garage is on a locked and gated industrial estate, which shuts at 7pm till 6pm the next morn, so the car is left elsewhere, close to the estate with the hope that the fixing garage can pick it up the next day, will need a spectacle lift or suchlike,

on the phone to Nigel the garage owner early doors, nice guy, comes out straight away to pick up the keys and investigate how to shift it to the garage, half hour later, rings me back, he cant shift it, cant get it on his recovery truck and has no spectacle option

No probs, leave it with me, so back on the phone to green flag, another nice guy, bitta talkin and explaining the previous nights shenanagins and its arranged that they would liase with nigel at the garage to pick up the key, and get it recovered there

looks like problems solved, though talkin to nigel, it aint gonna be a cheap fix, might well be a scrapper due to costs against value (09 hyundai i10)

spoke to the son and guess what, It aint his fault !

notwithstanding, the bloody car is hers, so every squeak noise etc its ever made has had me booking it in for general service no matter what an its been pretty reliable up to now, less than 60k on the clock too

I could wring his neck !

Last edited:

jods

Site Supporter
I could understand blaming him if he crashed it, but a car on it's last legs breaking down was only a matter of time.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I could understand blaming him if he crashed it, but a car on it's last legs breaking down was only a matter of time.
on its last legs ???

its not the first time either, we bought him a golf a few year back, wrecked that inside of three months

and gave him her skoda fabia when we bought her the hyundai, that didnt last 10 minutes either

his van is on his drive, broken down too, thats why he was lent her car

drw

Site Supporter
Can you move the car with the clutch held down or start the engine ? It can’t have everything seized up

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
60,000 miles is hardly on its last legs whatever the age. My 20 year old T4 was only just run in!

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Can you move the car with the clutch held down or start the engine ? It can’t have everything seized up
no, front wheels are locked solid, cant get it outta gear, tis strange, can only be diff or seized gearbox, will need to be shifted first on a dolly

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It sounds like the gearbox or the diff has broken. What did he do, change down from 5th to 2nd instead of 4th?

Can you start the engine with the clutch pedal down?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It sounds like the gearbox or the diff has broken. What did he do, change down from 5th to 2nd instead of 4th?

Can you start the engine with the clutch pedal down?
no, nada nothing its locked solid

its his cavalier, spoilt kid attitude thats got right on my tit (single child that got caught up in divorce and played both sides to always get his way)

like, not my problem, your buy her another anyway

PeteC

Oh dear....!! 60,000 miles is nothing these days...my old skoda Octavia had 375,000 on it when I bought a new one.....and it was still going strong...Only ever let me down twice...once when the alternator seized and once when the clutch pedal randomly broke in two......!!!
Good luck with the repair, but does sound like it's gonna be a tad expensive....... 😩

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Oh dear. That sounds like the new fishing tackle is going to have to wait Mick. 😫. Kids ..... Who’d have em ? Must say, 60,000 miles is nothing these days. Especially if you’ve had it serviced regularly. Maybe he needs to drive in slippers rather than steel toe caps ? Sorry to hear that pal. Sounds expensive. 😫😫

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Sounds to me like he's doing something wrong to knacker so many cars (or else he's very unlucky). Is he doing something weird with the gears or clutch?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh dear. That sounds like the new fishing tackle is going to have to wait Mick. 😫. Kids ..... Who’d have em ? Must say, 60,000 miles is nothing these days. Especially if you’ve had it serviced regularly. Maybe he needs to drive in slippers rather than steel toe caps ? Sorry to hear that pal. Sounds expensive. 😫😫

fishing gear aint a problem, got far too much anyway

the cash will more than likely come from my stash that I have been saving up to get the trusty T4 custom spray painted mettalic cherry red

this is the second time Ive managed to get the money together without impinging on general saving and budgeting, its a pension I get every week that goes straight into a bank account that only I have access to or know whats in there, a secret stash

first hit on it was daughters wedding, that wasnt cheap even though these days it could be described as modest

looking around for a decent, low mileage FSH petrol Audi A2 iffin you might know where there is one ????

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The neighbour's son's Transit Connect has just been bought home on a low-loader if that's any concelllation

It must be something to do with Transits at the moment

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
fishing gear aint a problem, got far too much anyway

the cash will more than likely come from my stash that I have been saving up to get the trusty T4 custom spray painted mettalic cherry red

this is the second time Ive managed to get the money together without impinging on general saving and budgeting, its a pension I get every week that goes straight into a bank account that only I have access to or know whats in there, a secret stash

first hit on it was daughters wedding, that wasnt cheap even though these days it could be described as modest

looking around for a decent, low mileage FSH petrol Audi A2 iffin you might know where there is one ????
Don’t see many of those around these parts Mick. If it isn’t a 4 x 4 it’s a tractor. Had a quick look on eBay and a few on there. Ain’t got a clue really when it comes to cars. Be nice to ‘ eventually ‘ see your T4 when it’s done. Good luck with that matey. 👍

62tucker

Site Supporter
Just had MOT on mine on Monday 42,000 and thinking it’s past it’s best.
New rear spring and front wheel bearing and front pads.
When I see some mileage on here. Mine a young pup.
Speed bumps have a lot to answer for