Night out in Norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintycoop

Okay i have promised to take the boy on a 24hr / night fishing expadition , but i havent got a clue where to take him for decent carp in the Norwich area , normaly we only fish match lakes , and i have no idea at all where we will go .

I also need help with methods please.[:D]

Any ideas please , or i will get some serious greif .[:(]

Last edited:

Bungee

The Wensum down by the Riversde area...You wont get many runs from Carp, but my Lord will the scenery be pretty!!

On a serious note, the Cobbleacre complex does overnighters, and im also thinking Barford complex, but not sure if they allow overnight sessions.

AlanP

'EastAngler'
Try SWANGEY LAKE at Attleborough, about 1 mile off A11. They have 3 lakes, your best bet is what they call the Small Lake (on the right) with a good head of 5-15lb carp plus a few larger ones.

Call Ray on 01953 452 907 and he will give you directions and advice on what baits are working. Generally though boilies, corn, luncheon meat are OK.

It can get very busy at weekends, and it is first come, first choice of swims. You can take the car right to the back of the swims as well, and it has portaloos. Most of the swims are a reasonable size and can take 2 comfortably, not too near each other either.

Have you got standard carp setups - rods, baitrunners, alarms etc?

For methods, I'd keep it as simple as possible. My son and I normally have a small PVA bag of pellets/groundbait/corn etc. on one rod and use a method feeder on the second - trying different hook baits to see what seems to be popular on the day.

If things are a bit slow during the "awake hours" we switch to a float setup on one rod.

When are you thinking of going?

mintycoop

thank you AllenP, I am trying to sort all the equipment out now, got bivvy couple of carp rods , Alarms , etc

I may try a going during the week ( book a couple of days off )

I have been told Taswood is good ?????

Mark

barders

Taswood is really nice, a variety of natural, feature filled waters with something for everyone.

Have only fished there a couple of times, never overnight. Can be tricky to find, give them a ring as this is literally a fishery in someones garden (all be it a very big garden!)

By the way, the Riverside Road stretch in Norwich (ree Bungee) is rumoured to hold some VERY big Carp and gets attention from the specimen guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.