Night Fishing (and apolgies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpk1979

People, first and formost I must apologise for being a ' lurker! ' I regualry cast my eyes on your forums but have not done much posting.

Funny enough my last post was about woodlands on the old forums where I asked how to catch carp! I was rewarded with some great info from you guys and hey!! I'm hooked, although I have had no monsters my PB is 9lb I have caught many in the last 2 months from various lakes in the north east including woodlands, terrington and sessay.

What i want now is chase the monsters a little more even if if means blanking.

Do any of you know any lakes in and around North Yorkshire that allow night fishing etc. (to annoy the girlfirend I may add) Maybe not specimen lakes but lakes with a little better breed of Carp then the commercial ones at woodlands etc.

Any replys are greatly appreciated.

You guys certainly know your stuff

Chris.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Chris and glad you've come out of the shadows icon_smile.gif

Try Raker Lakes near York. They allow night fishing and there have been a few good catches coming out of there recently, ask Stu

http://www.maggotdrowning.com/beenfishing/raker_lakes_100202.htm

Regards, Dave

cpk1979

Yeah I have heard a lot about that plac eon the banks and also in your write up. I have also heard that Catterrick complex (a little closer to home) allows night fishing.

Has any one any ideas?

(2 post in one day, I feel dizzy...) :)

Chris.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Chris,

I'm not too sure about Catterick but there is also Grafton Mere, I couldnt say whether they allow night fishing though.

There are a couple of regulars from up that way so hang on and see what they can come up with,

Dave

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Al Reethttp://www.go-fish.co.uk/yorkshirenorth.htmTry this out mate

Stu

Edited by - stu on 08 March 2002 08:16:52 AM

cpk1979

Hi,

Thanks for the all the info, It looks like were heading for Raker Lakes. Although it may be a bit hard!!!

But got to try! Any ideas on swims etc

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.