Nick Speed match footage

lp1886

Site Supporter
Does anyone know why Nick doesn’t upload his match footage anymore? I used to watch his videos religiously on YouTube but his channel has been dormant for a while now.

grey

Site Supporter
Don't think Dynamite has the resources to video, and with Shimano drifting away from the match scene, I expect they're no longer prepared to provide the camera work.

Carp attack

Don't think Dynamite has the resources to video, and with Shimano drifting away from the match scene, I expect they're no longer prepared to provide the camera work.
He used to record himself on I think it's a go pro type camera,

Shimano will make a very big push back into the match side next year. Lots of rods, luggage etc. By September Shimano poles should be back too although we haven't seen any samples yet.

Freesolo82

Site Supporter
I doubt Nick uploads videos for pleasure it must have been one of the commitments from a sponsor which he is no longer obliged to.

Maverick

Site Supporter
The last few videos he did were done by Catch More Media. Perhaps he now has an arrangement with them.

I too used to enjoy watching his match videos.

bryanh

Site Supporter
Shimano will make a very big push back into the match side next year. Lots of rods, luggage etc. By September Shimano poles should be back too although we haven't seen any samples yet.
Interestingly, Nick mentions that the rod he is using is a Shimano prototype

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I believe, as Richard says, Shimano are to have another attempt at the market with a new range of products. Good luck to them, they have produced some classic tackle over the years. Not just their excellent reels either, their Beastmaster Margin Poles have never been beaten for quality and price

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I believe Shimano are to have another attempt at the market with a new range of products. Good luck to them, they have produced some classic tackle over the years. Not just their excellent reels either, their Beastmaster Margin Poles have never been beaten for quality and price
The first top end pole I had back in the early 80’s was a Shimano, a 11m AX, absolutely out there when it came out, beat anything else, but it didn’t stay that way too long, as pole development was on an express train back then.