Nice one Hermes (Not)

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I was sitting in my lounge today, working from home, when I heard the letter box go and looked out of the window to see a scruffy herbert in an anorak walking away. I presumed he was one of the many leaflet/spam deliverers we get around here.

Some time later my wife got the document from the letterbox to find it was a Hermes courier "While you were out" notice to say that our package had been left with a neighbour next door up. If the courier had made any attempt to ring or knock I would have heard him.

My wife went next door later to collect our package only to find it was addressed to our other neighbour next door down!

Top prize for knobheadedness Hermes !

Whisker

Site Supporter
Yup, had 3 ‘attempts’ made for a parcel last year.
First 2 ‘attempts’, we were in - we were in Lockdown 1!
3rd ‘attempt’ Mrs Whisker was walking down our road at the end of a dog walk. She saw him get out his car (without a parcel) and push a “we made 3 attempts, please contact the sender” slip through the letterbox. No knocking on the door on any attempt, so no parcel. Contacted the seller and asked for a refund rather than repeating the process with that bunch of idiots... 🙄

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think as with all delivery companies it is a case of who your local delivery guy is. Hermes is our best by a country mile, he always both rings the door bell an knocks on the door, waits at the doorstep long enough for you to get to the door. If are not in he leaves a card with his phone number and asks you to text him some times when you will be in then replies with the time he will re deliver. Also the parcels seem to be well packed in his van and he takes care when handling. DHL however is a completely different story totally useless and I have had several parcels from them that look like they have been through a war zone

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had that a few times with different companies, always complain if I can. My mom ordered a coat for about £70 the other day. Had an email from Hermes saying parcel had been delivered. Nothing there. Had to check the address and turns out she'd gone and ordered it our old address. That'll be her IT skills, her fault this time. So have sent a letter to our old house with a prepaid big envelope asking if they could forward it on to us. Be interesting to see if they do.

JLK

The lady that delivers to mine is a star.
She knocks and waits, then leaves in the designated safe place without issue every time, if you're not in.
5 star service from a delivery point of view.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I was sitting in my lounge today, working from home, when I heard the letter box go and looked out of the window to see a scruffy herbert in an anorak walking away. I presumed he was one of the many leaflet/spam deliverers we get around here.

Some time later my wife got the document from the letterbox to find it was a Hermes courier "While you were out" notice to say that our package had been left with a neighbour next door up. If the courier had made any attempt to ring or knock I would have heard him.

My wife went next door later to collect our package only to find it was addressed to our other neighbour next door down!

Top prize for knobheadedness Hermes !
Parcel force are the same ,said we were not in ,left parcel at post office and a card posted to tell us ,liars didnt even call or leave s card . There is a diversion at the top of my road and they thought tuk that with an f

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was following a Hermes driver the other day - he was in a little Peugeot 107 and the front passenger seat, the back seats, and the boot were crammed with packages. I mean crammed, the only way he could have closed the tailgate is if he'd shoved it against everything, and there was no way he could see out of his nearside passenger window - I couldn't see him :eek:

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
I dont understand if he couldn't be bothered to knock on your door why would he be bothered to walk to the next door neighbours where he would have to do the same there, after he could be bothered to write a card letting you know where the parcel was, Surely he must have knocked on your door but you missed it..

I've a;ways had good service from them both as a sender andas a receiver of parcels

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
I have had a few parcels through Hermes these last 10 months due to the Covid situation never had a problem with them the guy that brings them is pleasant enough always has a word and asked us if we wer'nt in where to leave it never had a problem so far.

Now Yodel is a different kettle of fish i'm all for care in the community but they seem to employ every retard that they can get there hands on.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle
Site Supporter
I dont understand if he couldn't be bothered to knock on your door why would he be bothered to walk to the next door neighbours where he would have to do the same there, after he could be bothered to write a card letting you know where the parcel was, Surely he must have knocked on your door but you missed it..

I've a;ways had good service from them both as a sender andas a receiver of parcels
It beats me too. Maybe he was just having a mare of a day. I was sitting in the lounge within a few feet of the window closest to the front door. I can hear everything from there. I heard the slip of paper being shoved into the letterbox. The doorbell is quite loud, it can't be missed. Nor would I miss any kind of knock from where I was.

I think he probably went to the correct address and got no answer, so went back to his car to get some slips, then went two doors up by mistake and left it with them, then put the slip through our door, also by mistake.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
Hermes are the best parcel delivery firm that deliver to my house. The lady is always polite and pleasant, gave her the code for the back gate, knocks on the back door or leaves parcel in the wood store.

Only problem is when she is on holiday and the cover chap chucks parcels over the front gate.

Last edited by a moderator:

davylad

Site Supporter
Our Hermes delivery lady is also very good, she will go out of her way to make sure we get our parcel. I've maybe been lucky but I've never had any problems sending a parcel using them too, although I've been using Royal Mail next day signed for recently, as the items sent have been more valuable.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
The lady that delivers to mine is a star.
She knocks and waits, then leaves in the designated safe place without issue every time, if you're not in.
5 star service from a delivery point of view.
As is ours, always a smile on her face. Luckily she lives locally and if she cannot deliver she sends me a message and I pick it up from her house.

commieboy257

Account Locked
a friend of ours cannot get her Hermes driver to understand that she does NOT want parcels leaving in her greenhouse, which is at the top of her garden behind her house, yet has persisted and so far has killed her courgettes and broken her greenhouse door.
obviously my friend is deficient in her communications :rolleyes: :unsure:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
As is ours, always a smile on her face. Luckily she lives locally and if she cannot deliver she sends me a message and I pick it up from her house.
very much like here with hermes

its a woman in an estate car who lives about half a dog walk away, if she cant deliver (mainly due to size), she leaves a card with her telephone number, you either rearrange the delivery or go off on a wander and pick it up yourself

or they sometimes leave it at a local shop, which is a drop off-pick up point, and you can collect from there

160642fishing

Site Supporter
a friend of ours cannot get her Hermes driver to understand that she does NOT want parcels leaving in her greenhouse, which is at the top of her garden behind her house, yet has persisted and so far has killed her courgettes and broken her greenhouse door.
obviously my friend is deficient in her communications :rolleyes: :unsure:
Perhaps she should learn Rumanian. :D

62tucker

Site Supporter
Out Hermes driver is spot on. She has our mobile number and if we not in she text us to say it been left in storage box or if to big it in greenhouse. And needs to walk across my pond bridge to get to greenhouse.
She always gets a Xmas gift off us as well.
Also anything to go back she here like a flash. All extra coin to her.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Our driver is good, it's the company that is awful. Try getting in touch. Got another problem ongoing, ordered some materials (not fishing) company sent it, but had to shut for isolation reasons. Tracking stated at depot, waited and it never turned up, tracking now states item going back to sender, can't get hold of sender as no one there, so what will hermes do with the item ? Tried contacting them, then decided to ask my dog what was happening as I'd probably get more help from her.