Nice Gesture

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Right i have to post this as we hear too much of people getting Ripped off, you all have probably heard we look out for our Neighbour a old lady in her 70s, anyway wednesday her little car wouldn't start so the local lad from the Garage went up to her garage took a look got it started and drove it down to his workshop Garage, she got it back today all working fine and asked how much she owed em, the reply, Nowt cos we couldnt find owt wrong with it (y) (y) I will drop a case of Beer off for em tomorrow as my Faith has been restored in the fact there is Good people out there (y)(y)

Gwillim

Proper fella :upthumb:

Good on you as well Owly for showing that his actions were noticed and appreciated, that will mean more to him than the beer i'm sure! :):upthumb:

Elderly friend of ours had a problem with a window in her loft conversion which was in the gable end, the wall is rendered on the outside, but somehow she was getting water ingress that was pooling on the window sill, so she got a local building contractor in to take a look and give her a quote, which i'm surprised didn't give her a heart attack as I nearly fell over when she showed us, they reckoned (this is without going up and looking other than opening the window) that the render had blown and would need to be taken off, that the whole end of the house would need to be scaffolded and once the new render was on would all need repainting with textured paint to seal it, needless to say that the quote ran into several thousand pounds, £9,200.00 to be exact. So I made a call to the builder doing the work on our new house, explained the situation and so he said he would pop in and take a look for us and do a quote for the work as well, that was on the Tuesday on the Thursday we got a call from our elderly friend to say that our builder John had been and had done the work! Apparently the silicone on the outside of the window hadn't been done properly and the drip vents? (is that what they are inside the window to allow condensation etc to get out) were blocked, it took him and his apprentice about half an hour to take the opening part of the window off run a bead of seal around the outside of the window and drill 2 small holes to unblock the vents and put it back as was, didn't charge her a penny!

1 slab of beer delivered on the Friday.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
We get plenty of cases where there is justification for "name and shame", so nice to to hear of situations where "name and acclaim" would be appropriate.
:)

But then, typically, I've found that true Samaritans often prefer to remain anonymous.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Thats why i Posted it @banksy mate, a feel good post to show there's still a few with a Good heart out there (y)

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Right i have to post this as we hear too much of people getting Ripped off, you all have probably heard we look out for our Neighbour a old lady in her 70s, anyway wednesday her little car wouldn't start so the local lad from the Garage went up to her garage took a look got it started and drove it down to his workshop Garage, she got it back today all working fine and asked how much she owed em, the reply, Nowt cos we couldnt find owt wrong with it (y) (y) I will drop a case of Beer off for em tomorrow as my Faith has been restored in the fact there is Good people out there (y)(y)
Not many people left like that nice and truthful and not looking for a quick earner .what a lovely man