Nice evening session

IanG1

Site Supporter
Spent lots of time recently on a local group of ponds. Set my goal to catch one of the larger carp that I have seen cruising on various sessions. Had a few of 6/7lb but knew there were some a bit bigger. Popped down after work last night armed with top kit fitted with black hydro. Various pellets, corn and hemp. Laid down a carpet in the margin at top kit plus two and waited. This is a natural venue so they ain't jumping up the bank so patience pays. Take a few roach and Rudd then things go quiet so hope bigger fish have moved in. Connect them bump out of a fish which from the other swirls spooks them for a bit so put in a bit more feed see if they will settle back. Sit back and wait, few indications that are probably liners the bang float buries. The pond is quite snaggy with weeds and pads so experience of other sessions says you need to hold on, get the pole tip under the water and steadily pull the fish into more open water. My Browning Z8 is up to the job and I manage to get down to the top kit and hold of the side puller to get things under control. Safetly in the net and she looks a better stamp than previous and scales confirm she is over 9lb. Biggest fish since my comeback and by far bigger than anything I have caught on a pole.
Rest of the session doesn't produce any more carp but half a dozen tench the biggest 3lb. Nice way to spend an evening. Cheap bait bill and a PB what's not to like. IMG_20190805_181831.jpg IMG_20190805_181924.jpg IMG_20190805_183723.jpg IMG_20190805_201204.jpg

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Nice PB mate, and a good evening session by the sound of it. :upthumb:

david white

Site Supporter
Super catch, enjoyed the write up so pleased you are enjoying your return always nice to see some decent tench too