Nice day for fishing today...

Zerkalo

... but I didn't go. I thought around 10am that I might go to the Severn for some Barbel fishing. The sky was clear but the river does not seem a bad level at the moment. I would not have had to get any maggots on the way if I went on the Severn. I changed my mind though. Now it looks like work tomorrow and rain Thursday onwards with snow forecast for Friday so will be a few days before I get out again now. Kind of wish I'd gone now. Anyone have similar thoughts today?

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
would've been.... waiting in for 2 parcels....

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Slightly better day again tomorrow and I’ve got it off work but going to look at cars instead so that hasn’t worked out well! Way too cold at the weekend so next Wednesday is the next chance I’ll get when it doesn’t look too bad but the cold weather in the days before will make it hard. Probably the weekend after or beyond before there’s a chance of a decent day.

I do not like the cold part of the year that’s for sure!

Zerkalo

It's the rain that puts me off. I can wrap up warm but if all the tackle gets wet, and the banks get muddy, and the rivers are rising, that's another story for me. Today would have been good.

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 13.21.57.png

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah the rain is the worst!

Can’t we just live in a loop of like start of April to end of October ?

Zerkalo

Agree but without the closed season. :) Even my Bream venue has a closed season so that means the only thing worth doing for me in Spring is Tench.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Agree but without the closed season. :) Even my Bream venue has a closed season so that means the only thing worth doing for me in Spring is Tench.
Ah yes good point! Stillwater roach and perch in May on their post spawn munch is good fun but yeah be better for the rivers to stay open ??

Zerkalo

Spring is an odd time of year for me. In fact, the last total lockdown probably happened at the best time of year for me to not go fishing. When we were allowed out again it was late spring if I remember right which was warm enough for the Tench by then.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah march and April are hit and miss with spawning but May (which is really summer these days) is a brilliant month for all sorts ??

Zerkalo

Funny you should mention spawning. When I did get out to Himley for Tench there were 20lb+ Carp thrashing about in the margins! Quite a sight! Passersby were stopping to take photos. The only other place I can think of that I'm excited to fish at that time of year is Hurst Farm for Crucians etc. It's just a bit of a nightmare to get to.

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Had a slot at the local recycling centre today so I'm hoping to snaffle a few silvers tomorrow.

Browner

I popped out for a couple of hours. Slower than it has been but a frost this morning so not surprised. The roach eventually turned up but no chub. All on bread. Again.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Too bright outside for me and the wife's decorating plans are spreading faster than any virus known to man :eek:
Has the plaster dried ,im sure it needs another 2 or 3 months

Zerkalo

Day off work today and want to go fishing but it's raining as predicted. Not going to sit out in it myself.

squimp

Site Supporter
A pal of mine went to checkout ano Thames stretch on Tuesday. River was in fantastic condition and super warm. He should have had a rod with him, Everything would have been feeding.