Nice Bream and Skimmer session in sunny Wales today.....and a bonus PB

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
Well had another session today at the Newport AA waters on Morgans Lake after the Skimmers and Bream before the cold snap kicks in next week. Conditions were perfect mild and drizzly and I caught steadily most of the day until just gone 4pm as the light was going. Had one last put in on the pole with a 6mm expander and found myself and my fully stretched 5 slip elastic attached to what felt like a carp....15 minutes later and lots of hanging on I landed a new PB F1 at 8lb dead.....really chuffed....lake record is over 9lb but first time I have seen an F1 of this size in the flesh, makes you wonder how big they can grow ?

Total

Site Supporter
What a belting fish....Many congratulations....Well angled....:)(y)

nejohn

Site Supporter
Keith, I had one a touch over 7lb from Woodstock earlier on this year and that looked very big and fought like a terrier on the waggler and 3lb line. I did also speak to a guy last summer that said he had one 10lb 2oz while night fishing on Morgan's but there was no one there to witness it. So looks like the potential is there on both lakes for some really big F1's

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Well had another session today at the Newport AA waters on Morgans Lake after the Skimmers and Bream before the cold snap kicks in next week. Conditions were perfect mild and drizzly and I caught steadily most of the day until just gone 4pm as the light was going. Had one last put in on the pole with a 6mm expander and found myself and my fully stretched 5 slip elastic attached to what felt like a carp....15 minutes later and lots of hanging on I landed a new PB F1 at 8lb dead.....really chuffed....lake record is over 9lb but first time I have seen an F1 of this size in the flesh, makes you wonder how big they can grow ?
Well done Keith, looking to fish Woodstock tomorrow, just hoping to catch a few - don't really care what they are:giggle:

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
Keith, I had one a touch over 7lb from Woodstock earlier on this year and that looked very big and fought like a terrier on the waggler and 3lb line. I did also speak to a guy last summer that said he had one 10lb 2oz while night fishing on Morgan's but there was no one there to witness it. So looks like the potential is there on both lakes for some really big F1's
2 pegs down from me today a guy was after the carp and had a chunky mirror about 14lb and was saying F1 over 10lb had been caught by the carp lads but not officially put forward to beat the record which is just over 9.. I think they must be the original stocking from School pool that came over into Morgans when we had bad flooding....must be 10 years old ?

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
I know the club intend to net Morgans soon to assess fish stocks and remove some of the many jack pike that are showing...Will be interesting what size F1 and Carp are still in the lake