NFA thread gone - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andytyke

I didn't remove it, we will have to wait and see why it has been removed, someone somewhere is not liking it?????

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
we have been informed by the NFA that some of the statements on the thread could be untrue and inaccurate and could have a direct and detrimental effect on some reputations, and as such could be considered to be defamatory.

Subject to this being confirmed in one way or another, we have been left with no alternative other than to pull the thread from public view for the time being.

andytyke

I hope it wasn't the bit about the funding left to disabled angling which TerrM posted. I was looking forward to us getting our mits on that, Damn we will have to pay 60 to fish next year.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Glenn,
You asked for the reason and I've told you.
If you are not happy with that then I'm sorry, but the matter is not up for further discussion on this forum for the time being.

TerryM

I cannot see why posts have been removed? as a forum i would have thought that if comments were not factual the NFA would put the poster right by commenting themselves?

The comment on the Ron Shirley fund is and was always set up for National Disabled events and is minuted under the NFA articles, so it cannot be that?

The NFA are using the money in that account to pay for training disabled people to be coaches to deliver their schemes, so it cant be that?

The Angling Development board is the process for complaints, so it cant be that?

Andy did his maths so it cant be that?

The NFA rules were regected by BDAA, EFDS & CIPS so it cant be that?

??????????????????????????????????????????/

andytyke

Hi All,
I hope the mods are going to post and keep us all informed of what the NFA have said is untrue.

midge99

What was so wrong in what we posted people only posted their feelings,

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gents,
Dave has been contacted with regards to the possibility of legal action against Maggotdrowning.com regarding the content of that thread.
This is in the process of being resolved, but until then we ask that all discussion of the matter is ceased on these forums.
Once this is resolved a thread will be posted informing you all of the outcome.

Thank you all for your co-operation in this matter.

andytyke

Thanks for that Peter, they do not mention anyone in particular so that constitutes a gagging order to me - pathetic - anyway I will do has asked for now and keep quiet after all we don't want to bring any trouble to the Maggottdrowners.com who are in my eyes totally innocent

TerryM

In respect for MD i will also refrain from comment, but welcome the NFA response

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
All I can say at this moment in time is that I have been in conversation with the CEO of the NFA regarding certain information posted within the thread in question that is being maintained as libelous and defamatory

I cannot comment any further on this at the present moment as it is a legal issue

As Peter has previously mentioned I would gratefully respect that all references to the content of that thread are not posted on this website

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.