NFA release (World Disabled Champs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Earlier this evenning found this announcement on another web site NOT THE NFA ONE though.

Some of the wording of the statement below doe's not ring right with me (2nd paragraph) reads like discrimiation ?

I wish the England Team All The Best for the Champs.

England go with experience for disabled world champs
Wednesday 26th June 2002

The National Federation of Anglers manager for the NFAs England Team with Disabilities, Alan Bates, has announced a tried and trusted squad to fish the 2002 World Championships for Anglers with Disabilities being staged at the National Angling Centre in Llanelli, Wales on Saturday and Sunday, August 17/18.

The five-man squad were chosen after a tough trial match fished on the same water: Alan Bates said We have to include three anglers who are wheel-chair bound in the team of four and the squad of five are young, enthusiastic and most important, have fished for England before.

The team has a new coach for this years World Championships Dave Vincent is on Embassy Division One National Championship duty: NFA qualified coach Mark Lewis from Newtown, Wales is the man trusted with the job of winning medals for the team.

Alan Bates says: The water suits us and we are confident of collecting some medals. The target species are roach, skimmers, bream and rudd and there are a few bonus carp.

"The tactics will be pole and waggler and this year we are in a position to practice on the water regularly. Included in our very strong team is Mark Eves from Maidenhead, Berkshire who was runner-up in Italy in 2000. Barnsleys Stefan Gent has also made the team and he was fourth individual in Portugal last year.

The full team is: STEFAN GENT, Barnsley; MARK EVES, Maidenhead, Berks; PAUL CHUDYK, Godalming; JOHN DICKENS, Sheffield; CHRIS NADALLEK, Grantham.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
This must have been a diferent match on a diferent day on a diferent venue to the one I went to look at, me thinks

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.