Newlands

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
After a couple of blanks on there I decided to have another visit,
I set up a Garbolino maxim feeder rod coupled with 4000dl shimano baitrunner.Line was 6lbs Drennan feeder line to a 7lbs Guru hooklength and 14 hook.
Feeders have to be free running on here so I fitted a PI ICS method feeder with the option of changing to either pellet feeder or bomb later on. Bait was 2mm soaked pellets with corn in one swim and Ringers chocolate orange boilie in the other,
I set up 2 margin rigs ,the margins in the peg I was on average 5' to 6' deep.
Floats were 4 x14 shorted with stotz on 4lbs N gauge straight through to a 16 911 hook. Left hand rig was set a foot off the bottom and right hand margin at 3' deep
Primed left margin with red maggot and 2mm pellets and right margin with red maggots.
Anyway nothing doing on feeder rod despite trying a 40 yard chuck to the island.thought I had a fish on but it was angler 2 pegs away casting over my line and reeling in 🥴.
So tried left margin with bunch of maggots on the hook, 10 minutes later a 10lb carp was in the net, in went some more maggots followed by pole rig, another 10 minute wait and a 12lb carp in the net, I asked the by now brassed off carp angler who had a 3lb bream earlier on to weigh the fish and photograph me with it.Packed up after 4 hours happy with what I had caught. I found out as i was leaving only 3 fish caught upto then, my two carp and the 3lbs bream.the orange rod rest in pic is what carp angler had his weigh sling on.And yes I know I need a haircut.😄 20210329_125512.jpg

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Well done pal..2 very nice catches there after a couple of tough recent sessions.

I can only assume you were thinking of the bigger ones that got away in your pic as you don’t look too happy 😜😉😂

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Well done pal..2 very nice catches there after a couple of tough recent sessions.

I can only assume you were thinking of the bigger ones that got away in your pic as you don’t look too happy 😜😉😂
Yep, plus the bloke taking pic didnt tell me when he was going to take it,so I wasnt ready.He took one and I look rat arsed on it. Another half my head missing and one of top of my head when moving net of the fish, ( At least no bald spot, so not doing to bad for 67 )

Jimpanzee

Site Supporter
Yep, plus the bloke taking pic didnt tell me when he was going to take it,so I wasnt ready.He took one and I look rat arsed on it. Another half my head missing and one of top of my head when moving net of the fish, ( At least no bald spot, so not doing to bad for 67 )
Sounds like he was still thinking about that bream