Newcastle

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Must admit I switched it off after the first half,more like a training attack against defence game,we would have got them in the semis if we'de beaten Arsenal so it probably saves us some embarrassment

nejohn

Site Supporter
Wasn't a great game, we stood off them for to long and gave them to much time on the ball, once we started pushing up and getting them on the back foot a little they didn't look quite so good. Yes it was one way traffic but we allowed that for most of the game, if Gayle had not missed the sitter it might not have looked so easy. Considering the amount of possession that man City had they did not create that many clear goalscoring opportunities. It is not like Darlow was kept really busy and made lots of world class saves from clear cut chances. A team with more ambition and a little more guile in mid field could have got a result

62tucker

Site Supporter
0:3 at 60 min. Bournemouth must be poor as we been good. At one point 74% possession 😳

62tucker

Site Supporter
Well that was another embarrassment.
half them players are champion standard
Other half league 1.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
There is no shame in being beaten by City. They have been one of the best teams in Europe for a couple of years now !

62tucker

Site Supporter
I here that Richard Keys one of the main opponents of the takeover because he’s backed by Bein sports and anti Saudi has said the takeover will go ahead this Friday 17th July. 🤞

62tucker

Site Supporter
16 weeks then pull out. Premier league bosses are a joke.
Tell them one day 1 they had no chance.

nejohn

Site Supporter
The Premier league were an absolute disgrace, dragging this out for so long, plus bowing to pressure from other clubs and Qatar. If they didn't want them to buy Newcastle they should have come out and said so and let everyone move on. If the decision was based on the criteria laid down in their own fit and proper owners test there should not have been a problem and I also feel if they wanted to buy man utd there would also not have been a problem. I really hope the Saudis take on the Premier league and expose them as the corrupt and greedy organisation that they are. And I wish them good luck at solving the pirating issues in the middle East and look forward to free to view streams coming out of Saudi Arabia next season

D

Deleted member 24128

The Premier league were an absolute disgrace, dragging this out for so long, plus bowing to pressure from other clubs and Qatar. If they didn't want them to buy Newcastle they should have come out and said so and let everyone move on. If the decision was based on the criteria laid down in their own fit and proper owners test there should not have been a problem and I also feel if they wanted to buy man utd there would also not have been a problem. I really hope the Saudis take on the Premier league and expose them as the corrupt and greedy organisation that they are. And I wish them good luck at solving the pirating issues in the middle East and look forward to free to view streams coming out of Saudi Arabia next season

This....this is exactly what happened. The Premier League are a bunch of corrupt, dishonest, spineless cowards. It was obvious this was their plan for a long time now. They had no legal reason to prevent this takeover based on THEIR "fit and proper person" test so the plan was clearly to do nothing until they went away. It's appalling behaviour. I was in no rush to watch any football after their BLM farce. Honestly, that p**sed me off so much I was not sure I was ever going to pay to watch another match but THIS.....this has made damned sure I never do again. What a bunch scumbags. No integrity at all. I think it's entirely possible that the PL just killed that football club and they bl00dy well know it. To hell with them and their league.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
At least Ashley gets to keep the 17 million non returnable deposit 😡
I think he needs that a lot less than getting rid of Newcastle,it seems basically wrong to me that the Premier League can stop a financial arrangement based on their assumptions of fit and proper,I'd like to bet there are other owners who could be regarded as 'wrong uns'.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think he needs that a lot less than getting rid of Newcastle,it seems basically wrong to me that the Premier League can stop a financial arrangement based on their assumptions of fit and proper,I'd like to bet there are other owners who could be regarded as 'wrong uns'.
I have a feeling we have not heard the last of this and I think it will hit the Premier league where it hurts... In the pocket..!!!
I have worked with quite a few Saudis and like most other middle Eastern people they are very proud and don't tend to give up without a fight....
In effect by their abject inability to make a decision based on their own rules the Premier league have stopped both Mike Ashley and the Saudi consortium from carrying out a perfectly legal business transaction, the EPL are going to need to be on very solid ground if that goes to court..... And if they are thinking they won't take them on, they should just remember that Staveley is currently taking on Barclays... And that is ia fairly big concern

62tucker

Site Supporter
2 good signings yesterday Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser and hopefully Jamal Lewis from Norwich today.
Just 🤞 we don’t sell max to pay for these deals

nejohn

Site Supporter
The statement made by fat ashley last night is very interesting ........looking like the premier league might need to find a good lawyer

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Carrol fortunate in the first 8 minutes, seemed to lead with elbow/forearm twice.
Looked quite tidy as a team i thought and Wilson a big new asset. Will there come a time where Carrol's style isn't how they want to go forwards?