Newcastle

62tucker

Site Supporter
Well my son has received his free extra season ticket this morning. 10 home games started 28th against Everton. Home game includes Leicester,Chelsea spurs ,Liverpool. So I might be going to a couple of them.
Not often you get “”out for nowt “”

62tucker

Site Supporter
Well just been to my 1st match of the season. What a pile of sheet. 0:3 home defeat and to cap it off I got a parking ticket when I got back to car. Council must of mad some money today. No buses. What are people supposed to do.

davylad

Site Supporter
I thought I'd watch the WBA v Leeds game, as it looked like maybe being a cracker. I've had to turn it off to be honest, couldn't stand the cheating by both sides. The worst thing though, was the referee falling for a lot of it.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Decent win last night, has the battering that Bruce got and was still getting, easing up now? Things could be a lot worse I would think.

brian carragher

Site Supporter
Given that he managed Sunderland there was a fair proportion of the support that didnt want Bruce in the job and made their feelings known especially early season when results werent going their way, but I suspect he's slowly winning the majority round

Their support is pretty fickle but if he manages to get a season end finish at or higher than Rafa ever achieved then I think he'll be hailed as the new messiah

62tucker

Site Supporter
We were on back foot all game yesterday 30% possession at home. Not good to watch really but it’s a result game in the end. Good header by Hayden with his eyes closed. 👍🏼

62tucker

Site Supporter
Ashley still hated by the majority but results blind the fans a bit. He was there the other day. 1st game this season to talk January transfers. Joelinton 40m. Can’t even control a ball.
42,000 tickets sold already for Saturday FA cup game £10. And £5

62tucker

Site Supporter
We were rubbish. Sold out so 52,000 there. Many kids for first time or rarely there. Next generation supporters and Newcastle turn in a rubbish performance. New supporters and kids want to see goals.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Found a canny old school bar. £2.20 a pint. £11 a round. Well I am in stadium now. 7 pints down. And back to same bar afterwards.
might need a wee before half time

62tucker

Site Supporter
Went to game yesterday. What a load of rubbish. The premier league must be poor if we are in the top half. Some of the decision making of players who maybe on £50k a week. Stealing a living.

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
62tucker really admire the fans from the North East been starved of success but turn up in the numbers week after week home or away. Can you imagine what it would be like with a trophy winning team, the stadium wouldn’t be big enough to hold the amount of fans. In my opinion the one of the best set of fans you’ll ever come across

The Runner

Site Supporter
Went to game yesterday. What a load of rubbish. The premier league must be poor if we are in the top half. Some of the decision making of players who maybe on £50k a week. Stealing a living.
Load of rubbish is putting it very kindly. Watched it on a dodgy stream and we were second best all over the park to the bottom side.
No evidence of any game plan whatsoever. Hanley for Norwich is a solid enough basic defender but has about the same pace as coastal erosion so why not get Saint Maximin and/ or Almiron more centrally running off him to expose this? Why , if you're playing three central defenders, have the two CMs sat so deep in front of them ? And as for Joelinton, just why ?
I know its points that matter and not stats but we're right at the bottom for virtually all attacking metrics and the defence isnt really as solid as some are making out given that Dubravka has made about 10% more saves than any other PL keeper (and a lot more than that than most)- he's single handedly kept us in quite a few games.
Really lucky to be as high as we are and barring a complete collapse we should get enough points to stay up but its god-awful to watch. As I said in an earlier post, second half of last season apart we often weren't the best watch under Benitez but at least you could tell there was always a plan and the potential to change things mid match. Can't see any of that now.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Just to add, Ashley wouldn't pay the £15m asking price for Rondon who was great last season as he's 30, and wanted a younger player with hjgh resale value.
Best of luck getting the £40m back on Joelinton….
As I also said earlier, would have been better off keeping swearword Joselu- at least he very occasionally looked like scoring.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Been a canny game up to now. Best I seen Newcastle play. But. Got a feeling Arsenal will score before half time. Hope I am wrong