Newcastle

nejohn

Site Supporter
Shelvey in front of the defence with a free role and Longstaff bro’s in front of him then squeeze ASM and Almiron in and Fraser free role up front,try and keep a clean sheet 😂job done until Wilson is back. 👍
If you replace Shelvey with Willock and Shuan Longstaff with Hayden then you might have a midfield that wouldn't get overrun by a half decent pub team. Shelvey is not only slow but he is also lazy to go with it and Shuan Longstaff doesn't seem capable of either hanging on to the ball or passing it to a player with the same colour shirt on

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Can see what is going to happen, start looking dangerously close to relegation with 8 or so games to go, manager out, new one in, gets the 10 or so points needed at that point to stay safe when the players play for them.

Just keep repeating that cycle until the actual cause is sorted.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Can see what is going to happen, start looking dangerously close to relegation with 8 or so games to go, manager out, new one in, gets the 10 or so points needed at that point to stay safe when the players play for them.

Just keep repeating that cycle until the actual cause is sorted.
But that plan didn’t work with Rafa or Shearer.

H T B

Site Supporter
Big win for Fulham, really puts the pressure on Toon now.
Will they get anything from today’s game?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Fulham got better goal difference and also play midweek so if we don’t get anything today and Fulham beat spurs on Wednesday they will go above us.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
History says this one usually goes either way, i'm certainly not going to give it the big un, be the usual minimum 50% changes for us, so will start slow again until everyone remembers who they are playing with this time.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
History says this one usually goes either way, i'm certainly not going to give it the big un, be the usual minimum 50% changes for us, so will start slow again until everyone remembers who they are playing with this time.
What effect does history have on current games do you think,both teams are probably 50% different from when they played at Old Trafford last season .

nejohn

Site Supporter
Another what if game .......might have been a different story at half time if Wilson had been on the field or at least someone that can hold the ball up and allow others to get up and support or more importantly to make runs and give options when the likes of Almiron and ASM break forward with pace, how many times did they have to check their runs as there was no one supporting them ? Man Utd were pretty poor and their defence looks very shaky a better forward line would have had them out of sight by half time. The Rashford love in is also starting to get a little tiring he played for the penalty and even then it took him a while to register that he had touched Willock and should fall over yet commentators are saying stonewall penalty , which is a bit of a farce when you consider that McGuire gets away with elbowing Lacseclles off the ball without even a VAR check. Wilson is proving to be a very big miss but also so is Manquillo as Krafte is just not good enough at this level ....you have to ask the question of why did they let Yedlin go before the end of the season.
We are definately in a fight now and need to find a way forward in front of goal and also find a way of tightening up both flanks, Dummett is the obvious answer on the left but the right is more of a concern

62tucker

Site Supporter
We got Richie who can play left back at a push. Joelinton done some good stuff but for a no 9 he is useless.
1 of almiron runs and looking for someone to pass to and Joelinton was strolling up behind a Man U player as if he didn’t want the ball.
Man U were terrible in my view.
shows you how bad we are.
ps. Shelveys shooting. FFS.

nejohn

Site Supporter
If we are going to play the high pressing game that we did yesterday there is absolutely no place for Shelvey in the midfield, he is just to slow and lacks any real energy, no matter if we are going forward or going backwards Shelvey is always 5 yards behind everyone else, he does however do a lot of standing still and pointing at others, Matty Longstaff or even Young Anderson would be a better bet than Shelvey for the rest of the season. I think the left back position is not as critical as the right back position as as you say Ritchie will do a job but if we need to tighten up then I think Dummett is probably the answer. However currently the only other option we have at right back is probably Murphy who although OK going forward would be as suspect as Krafte is at defending

The Runner

Site Supporter
Need Dubravka back in place of Darlow as well.
Darlow's done a good job as stand in especially in the earlier part of the season but he's dropped off a bit lately and Dubravka's far and away the better keeper overall. Commands the box much better and much more vocal.
And Shelvey needs binning off- the absolute definition of a luxury player and not a particularly good one either. Weird how commentators keep mentioning his ability at set pieces or to score from distance. Its a long time since I saw any evidence of either.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
What effect does history have on current games do you think,both teams are probably 50% different from when they played at Old Trafford last season .

Always goals in the games is what i meant, with each team giving the other a pasting over the years. Also with how we are playing, one of these days a team will shut the game out in the first half of a game against us, i certainly wasn't going to give it large before the game. justified really in how the first half went.

It's why we are second, if you are only going to play for half a game, then the second half is the better one to perform in.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Level 7. Remember 1st time I got a ticket for up there. Players were like subbuteo team. Only good thing was the banter with opponents fans.
Another strange game tonight. Plenty possession. Plenty chances but hanging on at the end. And plenty shouting at the tv.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Good save late on for the point, but by the same token should have scored. With Brighton not pulling away recently and the point, might just make it, over to Fulham now on that one.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I thought the subs were strange and it did take ages for a sub when clearly st Max said he couldn’t carry on.