Newcastle

62tucker

Site Supporter
Very very poor performance.
Gayle was so bad that Joelinton looked an upgrade when he replaced him.
And after that I think Carroll just needs putting out of his misery.
That’s the 3 choices we have fir next 6/7 games

nejohn

Site Supporter
There seemed no urgency and no creativity in the final third and the movement was sadly lacking we were so predictable that the Chelsea defenders knew exactly what we were going to do. When one of our front players got the ball they could not hang on to it long enough to do anything with it. It is going to be a case of damage limitation until Wilson is fit again which might be to late. I think I might be tempted to ditch our 3 alternative strikers and play Ryan Fraser in a sort of false nine role with Almiron and ASM supporting. Another option might be to look at the kids.....is Sorrenson still at the club or did he go out on loan again?

The Runner

Site Supporter
Sorensen's out on loan to someone in the Dutch 1st division.
Watched one of our reserve games on some other club's YouTube and Toure looked to have decent movement but (admittedly on this very small sample) his finishing was erratic at best...
Anderson's top scorer for the reserves but he's more of an attacking midfielder (and he takes their penalties).
Almiron's probably a better bet I think for the false 9 with Fraser and ASM wider- never want to see that idea of Gayle played wider again.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Remaining games. 10 points maximum I reckon. Being generous . Will 35 points be enough this season

Man united a
Wolves h
West Bromwich a
Villa h
Brighton a
Tottenham h
Burnley a
West ham h
Liverpool a
Arsenal h
Leicester a
Man City h
Sheffield h
Fulham a

H T B

Site Supporter
Remaining games. 10 points maximum I reckon. Being generous . Will 35 points be enough this season

Man united a
Wolves h
West Bromwich a
Villa h
Brighton a
Tottenham h
Burnley a
West ham h
Liverpool a
Arsenal h
Leicester a
Man City h
Sheffield h
Fulham a
Be interested to know where you think you will get 10 points from 🤔
However, I’d appreciate you getting something off of the red Manx (get Shelvey to twit Fernandez at the same time wouldn’t go amiss)

62tucker

Site Supporter
Be interested to know where you think you will get 10 points from 🤔
However, I’d appreciate you getting something off of the red Manx (get Shelvey to twit Fernandez at the same time wouldn’t go amiss)
I said I was being generous 😉 and hoping for a odd strange result. But to be fair. It’s not looking good.

nejohn

Site Supporter
There are a couple of problems with ASM the first being he is a marked man and often has 2 maybe 3 defenders around him which is great if you have other players that can exploit the space created (unfortunately without Wilson we don't) this also has the added problem of him getting 7 shades kicked out of him which in turn will mean he spends quite a bit of time out injured (referees are to busy looking for a slight contact in the penalty area to see anything else) The second problem is his decision making is sometimes lacking with a brilliant run ending in nothing which again is fine if that brilliant run happened 20 times a game and 5 ended in nothing but given the way Bruce sets up these runs only happen a couple of times a game so when they do happen they have to be productive . I am not knocking the guy as I agree he is a very exciting player but in the current system and the premier league in general he needs to change his game a little

62tucker

Site Supporter
Another problem with Max is like you say he has 2 or 3 players on him. But when he loses the ball. There is 2 or 3 players on a breakaway. Happened loads since he’s came back. And if them 2 or 3 players are suddenly up against Kraft or Lewis 🙈 or sometimes Lewis is up there with max or even ahead of him expecting a pass (99% not pass to him) when he loses ball they have a free fun. And if shelvey is left sided midfield even worse.
Ps. How slow is shelvey?

nejohn

Site Supporter
I agree if we are going to play ASM wide on the left then Dummet needs to be left back, Lewis has potential but right now he is a liability if we were sat comfortably mid table then yes play him so he gets a chance to develop but not in the position we are currently sat. I think everyone including Shelvey himself realises how slow he is as he often starts to track back but realises he won't get there quick enough so gives up (or he is just bloody lazy) he is another nice to have player if you are sat comfortably in mid/top table positions but in a backs against the wall situation he just doesn't contribute enough. T.he mid field should be built around Hayden and Willock with Hayden being the anchor and Willock getting forward more then you need a willing runner between them for this roll I think I would go with either Matty Longstaff or Anderson. As for the forward options ......there isn't any, Gayle just doesn't seem to have a footballing brain, he doesn't make intelligent runs, often running into other peoples space and doesn't hold the ball up well at all, if we were creating lots of chances and needed someone sniffing around the 6 yard box then he would do a job but were not. Carroll is a free kick waiting to happen and unfortunately they are not often his fault, players have learned how to con referees and the easiest way is to get a big guy to contact you and bounce off him, I think his days in the premier league are long gone (might do a job in the championship next season). As for Joelinton .....words fail me..!!. I might even say playing Schar as an emergency striker would work but he is out injured for probably the rest of the season so that is a none starter

160642fishing

Site Supporter
What with financial fair play rules and a possibility of wage caps owners aren't going to be able to buy their way into the Premiership but with the fan base at Sunderland they should be able to get out of division 1 surely

Team KDB

Shelvey in front of the defence with a free role and Longstaff bro’s in front of him then squeeze ASM and Almiron in and Fraser free role up front,try and keep a clean sheet 😂job done until Wilson is back. 👍

62tucker

Site Supporter
Shelvey in front of the defence with a free role and Longstaff bro’s in front of him then squeeze ASM and Almiron in and Fraser free role up front,try and keep a clean sheet 😂job done until Wilson is back. 👍
Only 1 problem with that.
Shelvey can’t tackle. Is to slow. Makes 1 good pass every 10 games. His corners are rubbish. His free kicks are worse.
sorry. 5 problems

The Runner

Site Supporter
Six problems; Longstaff (S), unless he can get back to what he was two years ago.