Newcastle

The Runner

Site Supporter
Will take that.
Almiron had a blinder all match, and Dummett was immense all through the backs to the wall spell at the end.
The sending off changed us to literally playing with ten men with Hendrick off the pitch, rather than figuratively with him on it

For Soton, thought Redmond was absolutely rotten.

62tucker

Site Supporter
8 men as Joelinton isn’t a footballer. If I was a Southampton fan I wouldn’t be happy as they were terrible against the 9 men.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Wilson out for 6to8 weeks.
That 3 from that game out for 8 weeks. Expensive win.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Yes very expensive as all 3 have been playing well and apart from maybe Schar no obvious replacements that could just slot straight in. What is more worrying is the amount of muscle strain type injuries we are getting, yes Schars was a contact injury and as such can not be helped but the other 2 and the injuries to other players have not been contact injuries but just strains and pull type injuries. Is it what the players are doing in training or has it something to do with the schedule we have had recently as I have noticed we have played quite a few games within 3/4 days of each other when other teams have had a longer gap as an example we played Wednesday then again Saturday and another game on Tuesday evening

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think I would start with Gayle but play ASM and probably Fraser a little narrower so they can support more, you would still have the option of Lewis and Kraft/Murphy overlapping to give some width, If that obviously wasn't working you can always bring Carroll on and play with a bit more width then say if ASM had the ball on the left get Fraser to drift in to support Carroll and visa versa. With Almiron and Willock behind them we could have some options in and around the box............However we all know he will play Joelinton so the ball can bounce off him and give possession back to Chelsea then put our already depleted defence under more pressure........our only hope is that Greame Jones has more input into team selection and tactics the Bruce has

62tucker

Site Supporter
I think I would start with Gayle but play ASM and probably Fraser a little narrower so they can support more, you would still have the option of Lewis and Kraft/Murphy overlapping to give some width, If that obviously wasn't working you can always bring Carroll on and play with a bit more width then say if ASM had the ball on the left get Fraser to drift in to support Carroll and visa versa. With Almiron and Willock behind them we could have some options in and around the box............However we all know he will play Joelinton so the ball can bounce off him and give possession back to Chelsea then put our already depleted defence under more pressure........our only hope is that Greame Jones has more input into team selection and tactics the Bruce has
Just said same to my son. Will Gateshead Graeme be able to make Joelinton into a footballer

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Many Thanks to Mr Bruce and the lads from the Toon for allowing Timo to get back among the goals. :upthumb:

H T B

Site Supporter
A few weeks ago, I thought they would be safe.
Not so sure now.
Fulham are starting to play a bit.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Very very poor performance.
Gayle was so bad that Joelinton looked an upgrade when he replaced him.
And after that I think Carroll just needs putting out of his misery.