Newcastle

nejohn

Site Supporter
The Government won't release Newcastle takeover documents for fear of a lawsuit
The Government won't release Newcastle takeover documents for fear of a lawsuit
The take over was an absolute joke considering the Premier league were also working with certain powerful clubs on a proposal that would give these powerful clubs even more power at the same time they were supposed to be carrying out the directors test ( which given the track record of owners that have previously passed this test is a pretty straightforward test) the last thing they needed was another very rich and potentially powerful club coming along to upset their little cartel. The Premier league are nothing but a bunch of corrupt amateurs

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
You do realize that the Department for International Trade did not stop the takeover? That's down to the Premier League. The DIT is entirely right to not release any documentation it has. The Chronicle and Newcastle fans are barking up the wrong tree there.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Shouldn't have released Ben Tozer - at least we'd have had someone who can get the ball into the box....

nejohn

Site Supporter
Just seen tonight's team sheet..... The man is an absolute idiot, 2 players stood out as terrible on in the Arsenal game even worse than the rest of the rubbish, one got 2 out of 10 and the other 3 out of 10 in most ratings yet Shelvey and hendrick still get a shirt then he plays Andy Carroll up front and leaves the only 2 players that can put a decent cross in (Murphy and Ritchie) warming the bench... I give up unless he is picking a team to get him his £1m pay off when the FCB sacks him

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I give up unless he is picking a team to get him his £1m pay off when the FCB sacks him
One thing worth noting is that he does tend to hang on until the bitter end unless there's another job in the offing. He's made a lot of money by failing dismally.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Hendrick must be the most invisible player I've ever seen (ok, ok, or not seen...)

nejohn

Site Supporter
Hendrick is a waste of a shirt, totally anonymous, Almiron runs around a lot and looks busy but his end product is non existant. Lewis looks like he might come good over time but right now we don't have the time, Jetro Williams on a free would look very tempting if I were Bruce. Shelvey needs moving on he has no pace and not worth carrying for the one decent pass a game he is contributing at the minute. Darlow has done well but can't help thinking it is time to bring dubravka back as he commands the box better. Andy Carroll should only be used as a sub really, if he wants to play 4 4 2 then go with Wilson and gayle from the start with Carroll as an option from the bench

The Runner

Site Supporter
Cant understand why we havent been back in for Willems- he's available and has pretty much said he would love to come back.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Quoting Paddy Power,

"Considering that they can't defend, can't attack, can't really pass it, don't seem to have any tactics, and don't run around that much it is quite an achievement that Newcastle have 19 points this season."
Spot on. Newcastle fans have been saying that all this season and a lot of last. And we keep being told by the media that we should be grateful and Bruce is doing a good job.
Hopefully more and more are seeing through it now

The Runner

Site Supporter
Carragher's about the only one of the regular pundits who calls it out for what it is and doesn't reflexively defend Bruce. He had a good argument with Neville on this at the last game.
Anyway, thats now one goal in eight games and nearly ten since we scored from open play.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I think (hope) that might be the final nail in Bruce's coffin.. and while they are about have a good clear out of the coaching staff. The annoying thing is we have some half decent players with a couple of additions would make a solid upper mid table Premier league squad... They just seem to have no direction and worse still no motivation, no matter who the manager is once he fails to motivate the team for what ever reason then his time is up

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Opinion was split on sky football studio yesterday, between the usual three factors:

The manager and his tactics
The players needing to put a shift in
The ownership and subsequent input

So and as i have been thinking with my club in the last few years, all results based as the measurable outcome, and over time personal opinion changes as to which is the biggest factor is that needs addressing first.

The managerial factor has been addressed often enough at Newcastle, with little improvement, so whilst not fully in support of Bruce, i think the unique factor that can be added to the Newcastle list is the mess of the takeover, so linking perhaps to point 3.

nejohn

Site Supporter
Looks very much like we are stuck with Bruce till the end of season at least but going to bring Greame Jones in from Bournemouth to help out with tactics..... I think the qualifications are you now have to be born in Tyne and Wear to get a job. Not looking good for Premier league survival..... Here goes with a conspiracy theory... The suadi's failed the Premier league directors test, however if we get religated then the Premier league would not have a say in who the owners were..... Just a thought

crackatoa

Site Supporter
The Fat Spanish Waiter is available. Have to be quick though incase a big club comes in for him.
Rumours are Celtic want him

davylad

I don't intend to upset anyone and it's a genuine question but, are Newcastle more or less where they always are in the league? I know they had a good year or two in the Keegan era, but don't they always do well if they don't go down?