big Bobby

Hi guys and gals new to site i know someone will help
What is the best paint to use to spray my top kits and the best way to go about it
thanx in advance
Bobby

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
Hi and welcome to the site
Personally I use grey primer from Halfords.
I only spray the No. 1 so shove a pen up the end remove bush and let rip with the can.
I then stand it up on the pen with something in the tip ( to rest against wall )
If i was to do more than No.1 I would mask off with painters tape ( blue stuff )

big Bobby

I only spray the No. 1 so shove a pen up the end remove bush and let rip with the can.
I then stand it up on the pen with something in the tip ( to rest against wall )
If i was to do more than No.1 I would mask off with painters tape ( blue stuff )
thanx for a fast and comprehensive reply

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum big Bobby.

I've used a couple of grey undercoats on poles over the years and none did any damage to the pole. To be honest I've given up doing it as I think it's more to do with the silhouette than the colour. Just my thoughts. 👍

big Bobby

just bought the white plastikote paint from amazon £4.99 and great feedback
I saw some underwater footage from C&R masterclass and the white made a diference

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi guys and gals new to site i know someone will help
What is the best paint to use to spray my top kits and the best way to go about it
thanx in advance
Bobby
Welcome to the site BigBobby I have used spray grey primer after thoroughly cleaning top kit

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
If you don't to cause a shadow or silhouette, then use the waggler. Simples. Welcome to the site by the way. :upthumb: