newark dyke advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rorog56

I got a match on here in a weeks time i think any advice would help alot cheers Rory

Last edited:

totality14

chopped worm and caster trough ground bait feeder also pole with hemp at 11mtrs

Trendy Angler

Believe chop worm has been catching recently. Try an open ended feeder with a bit of choppy, casters and hemp plugged with plain crumb. Can't go wrong with slithers of meat as a nice change bait for bonus barbel and chub.

viking291

Its roach city, some chub in early fifties on the waggler line opoosite some trees but mainly roach. The barbel peg is 47 or 49, it,s been re-pegged since last year.

Hemp on the pole has been doing the business.

cyprio42

What size do the roach go to mate. Its years since I've had a decent day on hemp, might rekindle my passion because I'm sick of catching barbel!

LONGY0710

Can someone please pm me directions to Newark Dyke from junction 31 M1 and also what bait pegs etc are fishing well. I want to take my old man on there back end of next week. Any advice would be most appreciated.

viking291

Go down the 57 join A1 take the 46 towards Newark around the bypass to Farndon, go down long lane, Tile shop on corner, striaght on at roundabout down track to trent

LONGY0710

Is the river then eithe rleft/right from that point? Anyone have a google maps picture or even a postcode?

viking291

Yes, you can go either way, to the right is Newark day ticket water and you can park behind your peg for the first 30 or so pegs

Status
Not open for further replies.