New Yorkshire Match Venue Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrC

Hello everyone..
This year i seemed to be hooked on the buz of Commercial Match Carp fishing. However I live in Brighouse (West Yorkshire) and not much going on in regards to commercial waters . Does anyone know of any places that are big on "Opens" other than Hallcroft, which is an hour away. Also Woodlands in Thirsk is also 1 Hour away but its a joke getting a place on that venue on a weekend match(you have to book 2/3 weeks in advance!!)Anyway im looking for a new Venue a bit closer to home.??

AL_Peters

'The Entertainer'
Try Greenhalghs at fylde and also give this guy a ring his name is brian he organises lots of matches mate 01772 626585 hope this helps any firther help i can be just e mail me and i will give u my number

Happiness is playin wif yer rod

phil

There's a place at Lothersdale that does have a stocked course lake, but that's probably the best part of an hour away.

Ever tried the canal opens, there can be some big bags on the Keighley Opens held at Silsden. I've seen nets over 20lb of bream in the middle of winter, when all those carp fisheries will be really struggling.

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
What about "Spring Valley" thats local to you!

teepee.

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
I was just gonna suggest Spring Valley. Beat me to it teepee.
MrC, it's on the Huddersfield to Wakefield Road, near Horbury.

You can't beat dipping your waggler!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi MrC,

Also try:

THE WILLOWS, Hessay, Nr York, N. Yorkshire. Mixed. Telephone 01904 738206
CARPVALE, Moormonkton, Nr York, N. Yorkshire. Tel: 01904 738249. http://www.carpvale.com/
HAYFIELD FISHERIES, Doncaster, S. Yorkshire. Mixed. Telephone 01302 864555

Carpvale hold regular Saturday and Sunday opens

Dave

MrC

Thanks guys, keep em coming if you have other recommendations.
Mal (Mr C)

MrC

Whats Spring Valley like? have you seen any picutures/reports on the net i can read? Mal. (MrC)

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Theres also Fleets Dam at Barnsley, they have open matches every weekend...

teepee.

Bagger

Youll find this time of year you can quote easily get into Woodlands on either Saturday, Sunday or Wednesday. If you ring tomorrow the onsite tackleshop will be open to take your name. AT the momemt all eight match lakes are being used in matches so u'll eay get in. Be prepared to fish about 16metres though if you draw the island lakes. Reply to me if you want the booking number
quote:Originally posted by MrC

Hello everyone..
This year i seemed to be hooked on the buz of Commercial Match Carp fishing. However I live in Brighouse (West Yorkshire) and not much going on in regards to commercial waters . Does anyone know of any places that are big on "Opens" other than Hallcroft, which is an hour away. Also Woodlands in Thirsk is also 1 Hour away but its a joke getting a place on that venue on a weekend match(you have to book 2/3 weeks in advance!!)Anyway im looking for a new Venue a bit closer to home.??

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
Hi MrC (Mal)
How did you get on with the info re Spring Valley.
I fished it earlier in the year.(Pleasure)
Produced well, carp to 4lb, nice bag of silver fish.
I think it will be a cracking venue in the near future.
Tends to be a bit muddy and bleak at the moment. The owner has planted trees at the venue, should give a bit more shelter when they've grown a bit.

Terrier

MrC

Hi Terrier,
I plan to give it a go in the spring when my match season kicks in (Im not one for winter matches). Anyway it sounds good. I think i have seen it before, is it the one that you pass over while on the M1 about junction 37 ish? If im right its next to that Big lake where I sometimes see carp fisherman with their bivies.? It looks fairly new and a bit exposed if its the one that i think it is.? Anyway we will have to meet up and give it a bash before I start with the matches, but i will wait till the weather warms up. So you rate it good then hey?

Is it your local match venue?

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
Hi Mal,
Sounds a good idea, I'm up for a spring session. Let me know when you fancy going, we'll see if we can meet up.

It fishes fairly well most of the time, decent weights recorded in matches (mainly carp)

Coming from Brighouse you'd probably get to it same way as me.
On Wakefield Road from Huddersfield, get to Horbury, turn right (forgotten what the roads called, will find out for you) down a track and fishery is on the left.

Keep in touch mate. [8D]

Terrier

orvil

Hi mrc try fishing {huby} nr tollerton off the a19 been fishing well .Also broken brea carp lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.