New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted Sanchez

I'm off to New York for a few days [:D] ...amongst other things planning to visit some tackle shops over there...[?]
What's good value for money?
What can you get over there that you can't get back here?
I have been thinking Penn Multiplying Reels, Trilene line and various lures.
angel.gif If you ask me nicely I might be able to bring some bits and pieces back for some mad MDs!! For cost price + postage..
Talk to me
Cheers Ted

G

Nice one Ted, have a good time mate,, well would i like owt,,,get your pen and paper ready [;)]

Only kiddin Ted thanks for the offer anyway[:D][:D][:D][:D]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hiya Ted

Dunno bout New York but when I was in Florida a couple of years ago I could have filled two suitcases with the fishing gear I wanted to buy.

If you're keen on pike fishing the lures are typically less than half UK price - Rapalas from $5, Creek Chub even cheaper.

Braided line is dirt cheap too, Fireline is around $10 for 150yds and if you can find it check out the Spiderwire braid and mono.

Shimano reels were really cheap too, but they only had the very small ones when I was there and they weren't really suitable for the fishing I do.

Basically whatever you'd pay in sterling over here, you'll get the same for dollars over there.

Oh and the cheapest spots were the big hypermarkets - K-Mart, Walmart, Target etc.

Tight Lines (and happy shopping [:D])

Simon

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ted,

Mrs M has just come back from a week in New York,visiting friends & shopping.
Said she couldn't find any Tackle Shops.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

MrsM

Hi Ted
MrsM here, you can find a kmart on 34th street or Penn staition s don't be put off when you in the store as it has 3 levels that are underground never saw any tackle but then again i wasn't really looking
Have great time

Maria

Moderating the MODS

Ted Sanchez

Thanks for all the info...
I'm off on Friday...yes I know it's the thirteenth!
Last orders at the bar any one for lures??

Status
Not open for further replies.