New Years Resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
What if any are your new years resolutions/wishes for 2002?
For my part I will be trying to better my PB for Roach which stands at 1lb 15ozs,and has done since Nov 1997.
Peter. angelfish_4w_2.gif

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
1) to get a Barbel on the bank
2) to pack up smoking (say that every year)
3) to get my daughter her first proper fishing kit & get her on the bank with me
4) to spend less time alone when fishing & get more "newbies" into our great sport

Happy new year everyone may your nets be wet, your lines be tight & your rod be bent

Dian, Cheyenne & Alan

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Edited by - Trogg on 27 December 2001 6:30:26 PM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mine has got to be:
  • Get the house finished and spend more time on the bank and not in one icon_smile.gif
  • Finish?? the site's A-Z of fishing
  • Get my score back up in the Club matches

I'm sure there's more.....

Make it a good year everyone, Dave

JohnG

Mine has to be to travel more and visit the places I keep hearing about. Coarse fishing in Scotland is a bit limited where i am and I've yet to see a Barbel let alone catch one.

Thats it - I've got to catch a Barbel

A good Hogmanay t ye all,

John

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
John

You're more than welcome to come down here n have a few days fishing mate.

We've got a spare bed you can kip in so all ya need is your gear n some cash,if you've got a family we'll get them in as well (might be a squeeze but we'll do it) icon_smile.gif

I'll even have a word & see if i can get us a couple of days fishing on the Izzak Walton AA stretch of the Trent so you can try for that Barbus Barbus icon_smile_big.gif

Hogmanay ....do you know the story behind it?

In the highlands of scotland lived a pig (hog) breeder who was driven from his village because he stank like the hogs.
For 20 years he lived in the hills with his hogs then on one cold new years eve when the village was celerbrating in the village hall there came a knock knock at the door when the door was opened there stood the hog breeder but after spending all those years alone with his hogs his face had changed................to that of a hogs.

With a scream the woman who opened the door fell to the floor shouting "hog man hog man", with a voice like the grunt of a hog the breeder said "i will return every new years eve & all i want is some hot food, a drink & somewhere warm to sleep. if these are not ready i will snatch a child & eat it on my return to the hills"

The villagers all agreed & every year they would make sure that everything he had asked for was ready for the whole village knew what would happen if he wasn't a "happy hog manie" icon_smile_big.gif

This is a story i was told by an old (& i do mean OLD) Scots man obviously i've cut it down a wee bit (As JohnG will tell ya a highland story can take upto an hour to tell) but i've never forgotten it because i was around 6 when he told me it & i spent all night under the covers c****ng meself. icon_smile_big.gif

Alan
insomnia is nothing to lose sleep over

Edited by - Trogg on 28 December 2001 12:12:14 PM

Terri

Hi all and a happy new year to you.

My resolution has to be to catch a catfish as i have been going on about it for long enough. Also to catch a double fig carp. My best so far has been just ounces short of 10 lbs, i'm sure the scales were wrong icon_smile.gif

Terri

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
Happy New Year to one and all.
this Year i'm not making a New Years resolution i never keep them any way,
but now i have got the overnight fishing bug (only in warm weather) i will try to take No1 son with me a bit more.

Stu

Larry

Lazarus
Happy New Year ,to every one,my resolution's&wishe's for 2002 are
To stay well enough to be able to go fishing.
To fish more venue's away from my club's own pool.
To Get back down the Gym and start working out to get off the weight iv'e put on over the last 2-1/2years whislt iv'e been poorly,sicky,bad i;m 16stone now want to get back down to 12stone7lbs .
To try fishing for some large Carp at one the Venue's that hold them.

Cheer's Larry

scouse

'River Man'
HI LARRY
HOPE YOU GET ALL YOU WISH FOR AND MORE
KEEP WELL, TIGHTLINES DAVE(SCOUSE)icon_smile_big.gif

scouse

'River Man'
TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MY NEW FOUND COCKNEY FRIEND PETER
ALL THE BEST MATE
DAVE (SCOUSE)

Frank

Hi everyone,

My resolution has to be to spend more time fishing and this year I intend to try and form a list of species and aim to catch at least one of each.
My wishes for the New Year have to be extended to you all - Good Health, Good Wealth and Good Fortune

All the best, Frank

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Hello to All and Thanks for your wishes which I wholeheartedly return, Love, Live, Laugh, Luck and be Happy and Wealthy one and all.
I'm amazed how you are echoing my dreams.
John, good luck with the barbel,caught my 1st ever Grayling from the Derwent on 11/12/01.(all of 4ozs,but a real 'Lady of the Stream') and now I need an English Pike! only ever caught 1 in Ireland and that was a titch on a spinner, gotta try and make Wraysbury and travel like you John.
Larry, good luck with the Health kick, We fished side by side at Stafford, so I'm sure we'll both win.
Terri, the ONLY 2 decent fish I've caught are a 22lb carp from Nanpantan Res near Loughborogh over 20 Years ago (Angling Times Badge Trogg lol)and a 6lb Barbel from the Trent at Clifton Gravels.I wish you luck. You can have my Catfish though, I'd be scared to unhook the ugly b----r!
Frank, like the species list idea as I've so many easy ones to beat!and Peter that damn 2lb Roach better come on my April 6th week in Ireland,with No1 son STU! AND I,ve gotta date with the River Weser in March for a double figure Barbel attempt with No.2 Son.
So many thanks for the inspiration and my only other Resolution is to never make resolutions I can't keep!
PS Wife works as a nurse, brought home a message from a special visitor to a patient last week.
How can I fail when I've received a note saying "Tight Lines" and signed Jack Charlton?
Trev

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Trev

Would a likkle 8/10lb esox lucius do you??

I obviously can't garuantee one but i know where quite a few hang out & they're all english mate believe me.

The river at the bottom of Izaaks is stuffed with Pike & because the EA stock the Sow just upstream from the fishery the pike there are fed a good diet of trout.

The best place is either the town park or the Doxey marshes (home of the legendary scar back)

One other thing

You lucky bugger getting summat like that from Jack Charlton himself, I hope you really appreciate your missus?

Alan
You've just been moderated

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Alan, thanks and 6lb would do, but I've never fished for them properly. Will my 2lb t.c 11ft carp rods do? and Ive only 10lb mono or 8lb braid on reels. If theyre ok and you get a few hours at end of Jan. I would love to try it down there, but I'm praying for you to be busy working after your Xmas Eve news. Anyway mate Thx again
Trev

scouse

'River Man'
HEY LARRY
NO SWEAT, WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN ALL YOU DO
HOPE 2002 IS BETTER THAN 2001
DAVE (SCOUSE)
KEEP icon_smile_big.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,Hope you finish the house(your idea of finished may be different to the wife's)

Stu,Use that bivvy,and don't get outfished by No1 son to often.

Trogg,full employment and don't become too "MODERATE" kinda like you just the way you are!

Terri,hope you find that Catfish.

Larry,keep on with the pole,the more you use it the easier it gets!

Ziptrev,the best of health,and no more tackle breakages.

Scouse,we'll have to meet up in 02 (Everton to finish above Pool)

To everyone else have a great 2002 and lets make sure this site becomes the success it deserves to be!

Last but not least HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!

Happiness is a rod in your hand.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
My resolution is the same as I use every year, in fact it is the same one my father had, and he only broke it once.

TO BE ALIVE NEXT NEW YEAR and while i am managing that to enjoy every minute of it.

Best wishes to you all.

Geoff
If it swims, catch it.

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Geoff , great idea
its nearly 4.oo am on thev 1st
MADE IT
wish me luck for 2003 lol
Trev

Status