New year New....

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
sorry i mean New Year same old sh...well, you know.

Call from the wife yesterday, sobbing her heart out down the phone, her clutch had gone and she was stuck in the middle of the road and people were shouting abuse at her as they drove round...not one fu..nobody stopped to help her, anybody who knows my wife knows she is as hard as nails but she had gone to work even though she wasn't very well because there was nobody else available due to illness and she didn't want to let her patients down, when she'd rang the on call number to let them know what had happened they had a go at her because it was amazing how she was only on her fourth call of the day and she'd suddenly broke down after trying to ring in sick.
That riled me and i told her to ring them while i was there and i'll explain it to them..she wouldn't!

She was only in the village two miles from work so i jumped in my motor and shot down the road, as i'm heading towards her a load of "road cyclists" come up the road 5 abrest and gave me dirty looks when i had to mount the kerb because they wouldn't move over, get to the wife, put the motor in reverse and turn the key to move it backwards, gets it out of the way and she tells me "i've rang the RAC, they've told me they'll be here around 11" (this was at 930!) so that riled me even more, anyway now she's calmed down she tells me a load of cyclists came past and started giveing her abuse for being in their way instead of stopping and helping her (you can iamgine how much i'm hoping i see them on my way back to work).

I head back to work and there's two tenants trying to get on site, the bloody keypad to the barriers wasn't working and of course they'd been waiting for me to come back because they were tooo stupid to go to the other keypad and use that one, then they ask "and where the hell have you been anyway" so i explained the situation, the one was fine and agreed he'd have done the same thing, the other snotty little twerp decided he wasn't happy and would be "reporting me for dereliction of duty"...git.

Anyway, just found out that even though the wifes car is only 12 years old, the part i need is obsolete and can only be bought via nissan on special order... i told her i didn't want her to have a bloody Qashqai...sheeeeshy

Wise Owl

Account Locked
If it’s any consolation mate I was only on the job 5 mins before I told someone to go away, funny I ain’t seen em since ???

Last edited by a moderator:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What a coincidence Trogg.
Sad how society has changed. No one has time for anyone else these days. Ive just got back from B&Q where Ive just swapped an old couples spare wheel in the car park. They were waiting for the AA. Only took ten minutes out of my day. Whats wrong with helping where you can. Only thing I will say .... The jack in a Peugeot Teepee are rubish. I ended up using my own out of my van.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I saw a woman struggling the other day. Same situation, I dragged her to the side out of danger. Left her there as her husband was on route. Needed to pull my jeans in the wash though.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
At selco on the Saturday before Xmas I saw a old couple wanting to get two 3 meter pieces of worktop they were saying about delivery being schit because they wouldn’t be able to do it till after new year. I told em bang it on me roof rack and I would drop it for em ? as luck had it it weren’t that far of my route home ??

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
At selco on the Saturday before Xmas I saw a old couple wanting to get two 3 meter pieces of worktop they were saying about delivery being schit because they wouldn’t be able to do it till after new year. I told em bang it on me roof rack and I would drop it for em ? as luck had it it weren’t that far of my route home ??
Most of us owd tradesmen are good eggs really arent we ? ???

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Most of us owd tradesmen are good eggs really arent we ? ???

Their son was coming over to swap the old worktops over whilst visiting em for the xmas holiday, My best one was when Cas Tigers won the top of the Table trophy a few year back, we were in the crowd and a old bloke mentioned he would miss the Presentation cos he would miss his train from Cas To Leeds then his Train connection to York, he missed nowt and had Plenty of time for a coffee before his York train left (y)(y)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
@kevin o connor , she wanted it, she bugged me for it, she got it...with the agreement she has to pay for all and any parts it needs :)

@Wise Owl yeah, only...the light i saw was my own torch reflecting off the water that is running down the walls!