New World Record Mirror Carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vince G

Hop Along
Just read this, not a bad few days fishing.

A week long session has seen Andre Komornicki from London catch a 91lb Carp and set a new world record for the largest Mirror ever caught.
Fishing Luke Moffats Water, Les Graviers, France, Andre caught the record fish whilst fishing with Greys 12ft 6 3lb Test Curve Platinum Carp Rods.
Taking ten minutes to land, The Scarred Mirror was caught on a week long fishing holiday and was weighed, independently verified and photographed by two people.
Andre tempted the fish using Bait Craft T1, 17LB Korda Adrenaline, Korda Long shank hook and 3oz square pear lead with mantis hook link.
The fish came from under the tree lined far margin around 50 yards out in 8ft of water using a blow back rig.
Andre said:
It really hasnt sunk in that I now hold the world record for the largest Mirror ever caught - the fish was enormous!
As we were on holiday, any fish that came out of the session was a bonus.
Andre also caught ten other fish during the session, with a further three breaking the magical 50lb barrier, they weighed; 63lb, 56lb, two at 50lb, 40lb, 37lb, 33lb, 32lb, 29lb and a 27lb.

Just a tiddler really [:D][:D]

WorldRecordCarp91lb.jpg

ajay

I'm I the only one to think that 10 minutes to land it appears slightly underwhelming? 3lb TC and 17lb line and 91lb of carp comes in in 10 minutes!

carpy sy

Bivvy Boy ,Beds.
Old news mate[;)] 91lb,won't be long before Scar(yes thats the fishes name) hits 100[:0] A friend of a mate of mine had it last year at 87lb.

Last edited:

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
well i wouldnt wanna tell people where i got that from...

he could have atleast held it properly and smiled... [;)]

Last edited:

STAMP DEMON

Very nice fish!

Interesting name though "Andre Komornicki" - I hope he didn't eat it!!

carpcruncher23

Id heard the guy was from Poland. Not sure if thats true. Its not an old fish at all, not sure exactly how old. It put something like 18pound on in as months at one stage!!

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
91lb?!?!? That's 6 1/2 Stone - more than my 2 kids put together (and then some!)

Red_Al

Originally posted by ajay

I'm I the only one to think that 10 minutes to land it appears slightly underwhelming? 3lb TC and 17lb line and 91lb of carp comes in in 10 minutes!
Thats exactly what I was thinking too! Christ, it takes me 10 minutes to land a gudgeon. It`d take me weeks to land a 90lb`er! :)

midge99

Originally posted by ajay

I was thinking the same 90lb of fish at 50yds, it can't have put up any fight at all. it would take that long to reel in a bream of about 5lb at that range

Super ted

CRABKATCHA
Originally posted by carpy sy

Old news mate[;)] 91lb,won't be long before Scar(yes thats the fishes name) hits 100[:0] A friend of a mate of mine had it last year at 87lb.

I ate a hundred packets of crisps in a day once!!

Mikey Man

10 minutes to land? Seems a bit easy. Iv had Carp under the 10lb barrier that have put up more of a fight pound for pound

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.