New venue.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm off to a club section of the river Arun tomorrow. I'm liable to get a trifle damp if the weather forecast is accurate but this drop of rain should just freshen it up nicely. "They" tell me I should be seeing Roach, Chub and Dace. That'll do me. I had a stroll along the stretch last Monday

Attachments

• VID_20200701_115646.mp4
    55.8 MB · Views: 77
  • VID_20200701_121922.mp4
    42.3 MB · Views: 38

davej1981

What section of the arun is it? I fished the section at wisbrough green many years ago as a youngster in matches. I never did any good but there were always reasonable catches of roach and dace with the odd chub. Further along at stopham bridge ive heard theres a few more chub

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
Well I know that I'm not that bad a fisherman but.......
perhaps the river just had an off day. I settled down in a swim that may as well had a sign marked "loads of fish here" it looked so good. It wasn't.
Loads of Bleak, a few little Roach and some Chublets. I did hook and lose in some old wooden pilings what was undoubtedly a good Chub. I moved to another likely looking swim mid morning. The Bleak were bigger, the Roach were the same size as were the Chublets and two Perch made a surprise appearance. Moving to a third swim was no improvement other than adding a few Gudgeon. Total weight for 07.15 to 17.45 was probably circa 5lb.
Gutted, totally disappointed. It looked so good, it really did.

Cobweb

Site Supporter
Well you caught, so in taht sense the visit has to be worthwhile. Could there be some potential? I would have been tempted to go back at some point

RedhillPhil

Site Supporter
I might very well go back next week for more punishment.

Zerkalo

Chub definitely seem to know how to find snags! Good luck getting a few next time. Maybe try target them with worm? :)