New tyres and tubes for Boss box wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

vacuman

After 13 years, about 600 muddy miles and numerous puncture repairs I thought it worth looking to replace the tubes and maybe tyres on my Boss wheels. After seeing the ad on Fishermen's Friend for 7 per tube I checked out eBay and found a supplier for two new tyres and matching tubes for just 12.99 inc post. Search for Konnekt Tread Pushchair Pram TYRE & TUBE 12" 47-203 x 2

I hope this helps someone else - it's hard work dragging a loaded box and carryall on flat tyres !

The Runner

Site Supporter
Even better, find some solid pushchair tyres (Boss wheels are/were a standard pushchair size).
An end forever to punctures- mine, (scavenged by a mate from a dumped pushchair !)have lasted me about 15 years now

bmw

Go to any good bike shop for the tubes and tyres,they are the same as a kiddies bike and alot cheaper than you have mentioned.
Also the wheel bearings for the boss wheels are very cheap at any good bearing supplier,they are easy to fit and you must take the old bearing so that they can be matched up.

vacuman

Wow, I thought 13 for two tyres and tubes was good. I'll take your word for it that a good bike shop would be cheaper. But with fuel and parking costs I still think that my five minutes on the PC and next day delivery is hard to beat. If they last another 13 years then I won't complain. Good point about the bearings as they do get a lot of abuse. I used to dribble in a load of 3-in-1 every close season but this year have filled them with generous amounts of car engine oil. They seem OK and will spin on the horizontal for ages. Credit to Boss, they made stuff (or bought in stuff) that lasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.